• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Fitness / Weight-Loss Accountability Thread - BACK FOR 2024!

Just looked at my cabinet and damn i have a shit-ton of supplements. lol

I was all hyped up to do beta alanine until I realized that I don't exercise hard enough to see noticeable benefits. So I still have some of that staring at me every day in my pantry.

let's see...
Pre Workout.
Intra workout hydration supplement
Test boost
Post Workout BCAA's
Protein Shake
Thermogenic fat burner
Athletic Greens

let's see...
Pre Workout.
Intra workout hydration supplement
Test boost
Post Workout BCAA's
Protein Shake
Thermogenic fat burner
Athletic Greens
i'm skeptical that all that stuff is actually healthy

may be good for gains and body fat, but have a hard time believing most of it is long-term good for you

just a feeling not #science

may be good for gains and body fat, but have a hard time believing most of it is long-term good for you

The right protein shake is just protein. I lost weight on protein shakes.

Of course, the whey protein almost led to my divorce. IYKYK.

Say what now? I just bought some whey protein.

The only thing that may be iffy is the thermogenic. The rest is basically just easier ways of getting normal stuff

The right protein shake is just protein. I lost weight on protein shakes.

Of course, the whey protein almost led to my divorce. IYKYK.
The protein shake was the least concerning thing on the list

I do a vitamin B supplement but that’s about it. I took a joint supplement for a while but I don’t think it did anything for me so I stopped. I’m not trying to get swole though, just trying to keep the extra lbs off and keep my heart pumping into my 80s..

Windy, talk to me about Athletic Greens.

Worth it? Better than other versions of the same product?

Windy, talk to me about Athletic Greens.

Worth it? Better than other versions of the same product?
Worth it ? Yes IMO. Definitely feel better with it.

better than other versions? Nah. About the same. I try to switch up every few months with all my supps. I liked the Alpha Lion version for taste…had a pineapple flavor one.

Reaggravated my pulled lat yesterday deadlifting heavy and couldn’t even dead hang from the rig this morning in my warm up. I just keep hurting it again and I’m not sure that there’s any other course of action now than just taking about 3 weeks off of any upper body work. It’s especially frustrating with the open coming up at the end of this month and then a Tough Mudder in April and Spartan Beast in May. Kinda bummed this am.

Leg and abs today. I'm starting to see a difference. Could see some veins in my calves that weren't there a few weeks ago. That's good, right?

With electrolytes!

I do this, as well. But not when I'm lifting... Mostly when I have a workout where I'm going to be sweating profusely.

Water, by itself, isn't ideal in that situation.

Back