• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Football Coaching Carousel

McLane is reportedly worth $3 billion and he's 85. He can't take the money with him; so, completely believe it. If any school would hire Briles, it would be a second-rate Texas school. FWIW, Briles is among the few coaches that fundamentally changed the way college football is now played. Would include Leach, Hal Mumme and John Jenkins on that short list.

At 85 and with that much cash, why not burnt it all down? I don't recall the specifics of what Briles did not do, but do recall thinking the guy was a dirt bag.

Akron fired their coach. Clawson back to Ohio !

Damn near beat Ball State on Tuesday. QB fumbled on about the 1 yard line and BSU recovered. Akron was down 6 at the time and there was about 90 seconds left. Woulda coulda shoulda.

Joey McGuire (Baylor assistant) takes the Texas Tech head coaching job.

I know nothing about him.

Definitely an out of the box hire. McGuire was a legendary Texas HS Coach with 3 state titles and a great record, but it is HS (granted Art Briles spent a long time as a Texas HS coach before moving on to college). McGuire then got a job on the Baylor staff as a TE Coach in 2017. He was moved to the defensive staff when Dave Aranda took over, but he has never been an OC or DC in college. He is 51. He's obviously super-connected as a recruiter, but very risky given that McGuire has never held a college coordinator's job.

Guess this means Spike Dykes is headed to TCU.

Last edited:
Washington is suspending HC Jimmy Lake for striking a player during the Oregon game. Put another way, Washington will be looking for a new HC for next season as they have been a massive disappointment, and now this.

Washington is suspending HC Jimmy Lake for striking a player during the Oregon game. Put another way, Washington will be looking for a new HC for next season as they have been a massive disappointment, and now this.

the coaches in the state of Washington have had quite the season

Always liked Chris Petersen and wondered why he stepped away pretty abruptly. Wonder if he’d come back.

Always liked Chris Petersen and wondered why he stepped away pretty abruptly. Wonder if he’d come back.

yeah I mean it was weird with him going there to begin with since he turned down just about every other big school.

He would have won a natty at USC

Can we become a stepping stone to rehabilitate failed defensive-oriented coaches, like Bama is for offensive minds? Would love Lake as DC.

Sounded like burnout. I found a CBS Sports article saying that he was did not feel that satisfied with going to the Rose Bowl and wanting to "recharge." Wouldn't be shocked if he stepped in again somewhere after a few years off, he is only 57.

That is an interesting hire.

Not gonna be an easy gig and he hasn't been a coach since getting fired at UCLA in 2017.

I hear him on the radio from time to time and I am honestly surprised that he's getting back into college coaching... Especially at a place like UConn.

Back