• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Football Coaching Carousel

What is a more desirable job, UCONN head coach or Wake Forest Defensive Coordinator? I'm being honest.

well if you're good as Wake DC you can move up in the world (see Elko). nothing good has come from the UConn job in forever except the guy leaving for the MD job then failing there and coming back to UConn and failing even more there.

well if you're good as Wake DC you can move up in the world (see Elko). nothing good has come from the UConn job in forever except the guy leaving for the MD job then failing there and coming back to UConn and failing even more there.

RANGOON!

Now we can add Washington to the list. Jimmy Lake fired yesterday.

That is an interesting hire.

Not gonna be an easy gig and he hasn't been a coach since getting fired at UCLA in 2017.

I hear him on the radio from time to time and I am honestly surprised that he's getting back into college coaching... Especially at a place like UConn.

He was actively lobbying for the Rutgers job last year. He must be one of those dudes who just can't get away from coaching.

If I had gone to Seattle before I was settled in my career and married, I probably would have never left. I wouldn’t blame him if he left.

I can see Dave as a West Coast guy but don’t know if he will even be a candidate.

Chris Petersen is only 57. He won two Pac 12 titles in six years, including a CFP appearance. Would think Washington's first call will be to gauge Petersen's interest in coming back. The timing of his departure seemed odd.

UW AD has stated she will consult with Peterson on the hire.

If UW were smart, they’d come after Clawson. Seattle is a fantastic place to live.

If I had gone to Seattle before I was settled in my career and married, I probably would have never left. I wouldn’t blame him if he left.

I can see Dave as a West Coast guy but don’t know if he will even be a candidate.

I said as much in another thread. The UW has sort of a private school vibe about it, great academics (as much as this was joke fodder over the last few weeks), and it seems like one of the few "big" schools at which Claw may find a fit. Rather see him at WFU until he retires, obviously.

One thing in our favor is that his elderly parents are in Charlotte and kids on the East Coast I believe. Also- while his personality is definitely West Coast vibe- especially Pacific Northwest- he has never coached there or recruited out there really. Yes - could he just hire the right staff? Sure - but if DC moves on- it’s gotta be somewhere he can take the staff.

Instead of firing Manny Diaz or perhaps as a precursor for firing Manny Diaz, the Hurricanes fired their AD Blake James. Not sure what all the circumstances that led to the decision, but Miami has been declining in its sports of emphasis for a while:

Football
Baseball
Basketball

From the 1980s until they joined the ACC, Miami had top 5 football and baseball program. Now they don't in either, and their MBB program has been stuck in the bottom half of the ACC as well.

Either way, Larranaga is 72 and has got to be on his way out.

Not sure it’s been reported officially, but I heard Diaz was told the new AD will hire his replacement.

Back