• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Football Coaching Carousel

Predictions:

Cristobal just OK at Miami... Slightly improved in 2-3 years (competing for the Coastal), but not "back". Long leash, though.
Venables a disaster at Oklahoma. Gone in 3 years.
Riley a home run at USC... Winning the Pac-12 in 2-3 years (or less) and a factor in the CFP.
Freeman is a complete wild card to me. A worthwhile risk. Gun to head, I think he doesn't get enough time and is gone after a couple of years.
Kelly seems like a terrible fit at LSU, but if he can get off to a good start I think he can get it rolling very quickly.

Abstaining on Napier because I really want him to succeed. I am biased.

I'm sure I am forgetting others.

I guess the thought is that Freeman will improve recruiting enough to get to the CFP and actually win. I think he’ll probably stay in they 10-11 win range with underwhelming teams unless something gives.

I guess the thought is that Freeman will improve recruiting enough to get to the CFP and actually win. I think he’ll probably stay in they 10-11 win range with underwhelming teams unless something gives.

Yeah, Freeman could absolutely end up as a great hire. I could also see ND dropping 2-3 games next year and the fan base revolts.

I get very Bobby Petrino type vibes from Brian Kelly trying to fit in down in Cajun country. Like this could end up with him losing a limb because he thinks wrestling a gator might go over better than his fake accent did.

I get very Bobby Petrino type vibes from Brian Kelly trying to fit in down in Cajun country. Like this could end up with him losing a limb because he thinks wrestling a gator might go over better than his fake accent did.
I really hate that hire for LSU. Having family in Louisiana and just being in that state, literally everything is either purple and gold or black and gold. Kelly seems like he has the personality of a paper clip and he's just so out of place for that role.

I really hate that hire for LSU. Having family in Louisiana and just being in that state, literally everything is either purple and gold or black and gold. Kelly seems like he has the personality of a paper clip and he's just so out of place for that role.

Kelly has plenty of personality. Jackass is his personality.

They have really good freshman coming in

Clemson has shown that they'll do whatever it takes to stay an elite football program, and they've got the tradition. As long as Dabo stays, and I think he will, they'll pay whatever it takes to bring in some first-rate replacements for their OC and DC, and their recruiting will remain near the top as long as Dabo is HC. It might take another year for the new assistants to settle in, but I just don't see Clemson staying down for long, with or without their current assistants.

Masshole goes down to Cajun Country. Surprised he didn’t start singing Born on the Bayou at that basketball game the other night.

LSU hiring Kelly is one of the more bizarre hires in recent years. He already had a high-profile job at Notre Dame and an even easier path to the playoffs. In terms of personality and culture he just seems to be a terrible fit, and his fake accent was pathetic. Can't wait for him to start eating boiled crawfish and shrimp and grits and telling LSU fans how much he enjoys it.

Back