• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Republican Coup (Practice Run)

Imagine for a second how much conservatives have re-written history that we didn't all see live on TV less than 13 months ago.

It's definitely much easier to see how Southern white conservatives managed to successfully re-write the history of the Civil War Era after the Reconstruction period - the true causes of the war, the role that African-Americans played in winning their freedom, divorcing the Confederacy from the cause of keeping slavery ("good men on both sides!"), turning men like Robert E. Lee and Stonewall Jackson into mythical heroes who were opposed to slavery and secession yet still fought for the South, and so on. They've been creating alternative facts for themselves for generations.

And of course one of the tools they used was controlling text books and education.

Right. It's such a blatant cynical political ploy but it definitely legitimizes political right-wing violence against elected officials and civil servants. They didn't just classify a failed coup as a legitimate political speech. They classified failed assassination attempts as legitimate political speech. I've been saying this for years and they've proven me right. Republican politicians and rank and file would not be sad at all if one of their own assassinated Pelosi, Biden, Harris, AOC, the Obamas or any prominent Democrats.

Or Pence that day. Or Cheney now.

273382884_10227713783094834_519492082284172999_n.jpg

Trump shredded a bunch of evidence from Jan 6th. This may take an interesting turn.

Trump shredded a bunch of evidence from Jan 6th. This may take an interesting turn.

I’ll have to read up on it. But based on this description, it seems like the small obvious stuff he’s gotten away with this whole time. He’s gotten away with obstruction. Destroying evidence will be no big deal.

I'm sure Republicans will show the same concern for the preservation of official documents as they showed for Hillary Clinton's deleted emails.

Of course ! Your party of personal accountability and bootstraps everybody ! ! Those damn no consequences democRATS are destroying democracy.

Back