• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Republican Coup (Practice Run)

“Some of Martin’s supporters told the Observer that he is a man of deep faith and high professional standards who has been unfairly singled out by the allegations of a largely unattributed newspaper story by The New York Times — allegations he can’t speak to because they fall under attorney-client privilege.”

HOW DARE the NYT run an “largely unattributed” story that Martin talked to a client that Martin can’t speak to because of attorney-client privilege!!!!!

I'm sure he has an affidavit showing that he was retained as counsel by Trump, just like John Eastman does (doesn't).

Pretty sure Martin was smart enough to tell Trump to put a dollar in his pocket first then tell him how to do crimes.

HPU really giving zero fucks here. Chapman University forced Eastman to retire. HPU names Martin their Law School Dean. This should be a much bigger story.

I mean the whole High point law school is a big cash grab grift by a shitty school so having him as dean kinda fits.

Not every rich kid can get into a good school. For them, HPU is a great school.

You want those kids to go to a state school?

I have a distinct memory of Dinesh D'Souza coming to give a talk at my high school. This would've been like 2000 or 2001, can't remember if he was completely batshit by then or not.

I mean nobody actually thinks Cheney is their friend, right? Handmaidens are going to stick together. Cheney is just anti-coup. She doesn’t want to disrupt the whole conservative machine. Baby and bathwater.

Cheney is a friend and an ally to anyone who believes in our democracy and constitution. Wouldn't it be great if our focus could return to debating actual issues and not the growing fascist movement in this country? She's on the right side of that battle, and it's far more important than what ultimately happens to abortion or gas prices or the effective corporate tax rate. Cheney is not "just anti-coup," she is pro-democracy.

She has also personally sacrificed a position in leadership and likely her membership in congress to take a stand against trump. Who else has done that? It seems like all the other republicans who have taken a similar stance had already announced their retirement, like Kinzinger.

sounds like the donation fraud is a pretty easy way to indict Trump. up to Garland to see if he has any balls.

There is such a low bar for being a good republican.

What I'm really interested in is how we got here. Seems like Fox News is largely responsible for making lunatic conspiracy theories just regular entertainment. I'm sure having a Black president helped stir up a lot of vitriol within the white loser base. But at some point the powers that be lost control. When Fox News isn't far right enough to satiate their needs, we've got a big problem.

Back