• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Republican Coup (Practice Run)

So it took them 2 months to get a warrant?

it's almost like they were really making sure they had the goods on him, and were careful and thoughtful about whether or not they wanted to do this, and had to convince a judge of the same.

so if Trump were to get back in office, who would need to change the rules around presidents taking home docs? I imagine he would try and get that changed.

I could be wrong, but while he was President couldn’t Trump have declassified literally any record that he chose? If so, how the fuck did this situation even come about that he would have classified documents in his possession now? Could it really be a case of him not previously following a declassification protocol and then just taking shit home with him when he left the White House?

I could be wrong, but while he was President couldn’t Trump have declassified literally any record that he chose? If so, how the fuck did this situation even come about that he would have classified documents in his possession now? Could it really be a case of him not previously following a declassification protocol and then just taking shit home with him when he left the White House?

Sure, but they're also not his documents. They're the government's documents, even if he declassifies them.

But I'd be he never declassified them. Not as cool to show off declassified documents.

It was probably above anything else simply document retrieval and nothing else comes of it. They know trump has super sensitive documents that he sure as hell shouldn’t have as a now private citizen. They already removed a bunch of stuff previously but missed these or they were hidden. Someone caught up in some other bullshit is like by the way Trump also has x y and z. Warrant and FBI search and seize commences to get the documents back as a practical matter of security. The end nothing else will happen even though it was bad.

Putting two and two together it seems like he had confidential documents and Mar-a-Lago visitors who shouldn’t be anywhere near those documents.

It was probably above anything else simply document retrieval and nothing else comes of it. They know trump has super sensitive documents that he sure as hell shouldn’t have as a now private citizen. They already removed a bunch of stuff previously but missed these or they were hidden. Someone caught up in some other bullshit is like by the way Trump also has x y and z. Warrant and FBI search and seize commences to get the documents back as a practical matter of security. The end nothing else will happen even though it was bad.

On my Trump crimewave bingo card I'm gonna say that this raid might be a part of Trump billionaire buddy Tom Barrack's upcoming trial for attempting to sell nuclear technology(with Trump's knowledge) to the Saudis. Barrack was given a $250 million bail. Believe that's the largest bail in US history. His trial starts in roughly seven weeks.

Well this just happened.

what if the documents are Hunter's laptop and Hillary's emails

barack-obama-potus.gif

How else would you arrest someone? By appointment?

Republicans are reminding me of the Chappelle Show Law & Order sketch where Tron gets treated like a white collar criminal and a white dude gets treated like a drug dealer.

Back