• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Republican Coup (Practice Run)

Additionally, saw some reporting that he's been told he should not try to self pardon and is now "if I can't get one no one can." I doubt that holds but it would be on brand.

I’m pretty sure Trump could just say “I hereby pardon everyone involved in the Capitol riot on January 6 for acts associated with that riot” and that would be that.

Additionally, saw some reporting that he's been told he should not try to self pardon and is now "if I can't get one no one can." I doubt that holds but it would be on brand.

I hope he pardons Ivanka but not Don Jr.

I’m pretty sure Trump could just say “I hereby pardon everyone involved in the Capitol riot on January 6 for acts associated with that riot” and that would be that.

Consistent with what I've heard.

Would proooooobably ensure 67 Senate votes though.

Lawyers need to weigh in on how specific to people pardons need to be. I thought pardons had to go to individuals by name.

Trump pardons would not cover acts in violation of DC laws outside the jurisdiction of the federal government.

This fucker straight up murdering everyone on death row and pardoning all of his accomplices is infuriating -- the fact that our system allows this to happen is ridiculous.

Lawyers need to weigh in on how specific to people pardons need to be. I thought pardons had to go to individuals by name.

Nope.

On Christmas Day in 1865, Andrew Johnson pardoned all confederates for participating in the rebellion against the US by proclamation.

The day after his inauguration in 1977, Jimmy Carter pardoned hundreds of thousands of draft dodgers by proclamation.

It would be as simple as that.

Why is the President afforded such power to issue pardons? What was the rationale behind creating such an extrajudicial mechanism?

Trump pardons would not cover acts in violation of DC laws outside the jurisdiction of the federal government.

I think Carter did something like this for Vietnam draft evaders, including those who hadn't been charged.

Last edited:
Trump pardoning them would be pretty valuable evidence in his impeachment trial. I don’t think he wants to do that.

He also doesn't give a crap what happens to his followers. He won't care if they go to jail for years. Hell no, he ain't pardoning them.

I also heard in the news this a.m. that my congressman, Bob Good, is 1 of the congressmen being investigated for giving the invaders a tour of the place the day before. I'm thinking that Trump will not be the only government official who will be impeached.

He also doesn't give a crap what happens to his followers. He won't care if they go to jail for years. Hell no, he ain't pardoning them.

I also heard in the news this a.m. that my congressman, Bob Good, is 1 of the congressmen being investigated for giving the invaders a tour of the place the day before. I'm thinking that Trump will not be the only government official who will be impeached.

Republicans: He didn't know that they were going to be violent and storm the Capitol

For Good, the woman who was live tweeting Pelosi's location and others, I think they be given the option of resigning and keeping whatever benefits they have accrued or being kicked out and losing all benefits and access to Congress.

Back