• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Republican Coup (Practice Run)

I need to know if he has ever run for governor of Georgia, or wore black face, before I decide whether or not to condemn this guy.

Angus must be thrilled - now that he's found a Radical Left terrorist in the Capitol this clearly negates the vastly larger number of Radical Right terrorists who were with them. Angus can now keep referring to this person forever to bosides the Capitol attack, just as Northam's blackface illustrates that LibDems are just as racist as Republicans. It's a happy day for the Colonel.

[h=2]Black Cops Warned About Racist Capitol Police Officers for Years[/h] Allegations of racism against the Capitol Police are nothing new: Over 250 Black cops have sued the department since 2001. Some of those former officers now say it’s no surprise white nationalists were able to storm the building.

https://www.propublica.org/article/...bout-racist-capitol-police-officers-for-years

Last month, days after a bloody clash on Dec. 12 between militant Trump supporters and counterprotesters, Melissa Byrne and Chibundu Nnake were entering the Capitol when they saw a strangely dressed man just outside the building, carrying a spear.
He was a figure they would come to recognize — Jacob Chansley, the QAnon follower in a Viking outfit who was photographed last week shouting from the dais of the Senate chamber.
They alerted the Capitol Police at the time, as the spear seemed to violate the complex’s weapons ban, but officers dismissed their concern, they said.
One officer told them that Chansley had been stopped earlier in the day, but that police “higher ups” had decided not to do anything about him.
We don’t “perceive it as a weapon,” Nnake recalled the officer saying of the spear.

For Byrne and Nnake, their interactions with the “QAnon Shaman” on Dec. 14 highlighted what they perceive as double standards in how the Capitol Police interact with the public.
Like many people who regularly encounter the force, Nnake and Byrne said they were accustomed to Capitol officers enforcing rules aggressively — later that day, Nnake was told that he would be tackled if he tried to advance beyond a certain point. “As a Black man, when I worked on the Hill, if I forgot a badge, I couldn’t get access anywhere,” he told ProPublica.

Blackmon-Malloy told ProPublica that divisions within the Capitol Police could be just as dangerous, not only for Congress but for Black officers themselves. “Now you got to go to work on the 20th,” she told ProPublica, alluding to the inauguration. “And stand next to someone who you don’t even know if they have your back.”

They were saying amen when those things were said at the time.

Republicans have been using increasingly violent and inflammatory rhetoric for decades and the chickens came home to roost.

They were saying amen when those things were said at the time.

Republicans have been using increasingly violent and inflammatory rhetoric for decades and the chickens came home to roost.

This. I'm reminded of 2008 and some of the rhetoric from Palin and Pub crowds and McCain having to shut down that 1 woman who said Obama was a Muslim. To their credit, neither McCain nor Romney behaved in such a manner, but that is also why the crazies didn't show up to vote for them like they did for Trump. I gotta give Trump some credit here. I always considered him to be a buffoon, but he sensed the groundswell and spoke to it. I'm trying to think of the last time a presidential nominee won by solely appealing to a minority base, and I'm drawing a blank.

This. I'm reminded of 2008 and some of the rhetoric from Palin and Pub crowds and McCain having to shut down that 1 woman who said Obama was a Muslim. To their credit, neither McCain nor Romney behaved in such a manner, but that is also why the crazies didn't show up to vote for them like they did for Trump. I gotta give Trump some credit here. I always considered him to be a buffoon, but he sensed the groundswell and spoke to it. I'm trying to think of the last time a presidential nominee won by solely appealing to a minority base, and I'm drawing a blank.

Jared, Ivanka, Kayleigh, Conway's wife, etc. have all been pleading with him for 10 days. McCarthy told him, "Mr. President, I was there, it wasn't Antifa"

He's been told he stands a good chance of being convicted in the Senate and so he's trying to avoid that

Back