• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Republican Coup (Practice Run)

This. I'm reminded of 2008 and some of the rhetoric from Palin and Pub crowds and McCain having to shut down that 1 woman who said Obama was a Muslim. To their credit, neither McCain nor Romney behaved in such a manner, but that is also why the crazies didn't show up to vote for them like they did for Trump. I gotta give Trump some credit here. I always considered him to be a buffoon, but he sensed the groundswell and spoke to it. I'm trying to think of the last time a presidential nominee won by solely appealing to a minority base, and I'm drawing a blank.

Jared, Ivanka, Kayleigh, Conway's wife, etc. have all been pleading with him for 10 days. McCarthy told him, "Mr. President, I was there, it wasn't Antifa"

He's been told he stands a good chance of being convicted in the Senate and so he's trying to avoid that

4tz7kf.jpg

Yeah, it sure seems like the police tried to strike the balance of protecting the members of congress while also not causing tons of deaths. In situations where they were outnumbered, it would have been police deaths. In situations like this one, it would have been rioters deaths. But that day could have been a whole lot worse in terms of casualties.

The flip side is that you can argue they went too far. There were some very close calls with members or staff that shouldn't have gotten to that point.

Calling January 6 The Battle of Bunker Hillbillies is top notch.

Back