• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Republican Coup (Practice Run)

Doug Jones getting ready for the next special election.

As I was working out this a.m., I was getting irritated at how idiotic JWill, Keyshawn and the FS1 folks were being, so I turned to CNN for a little while. They were interviewing Alberto Gonzalez. Among other things, he said he would vote for conviction if he were a sitting senator, and that, if he or W were running for statewide office in TX these days, they wouldn't win a Pub primary. This from a guy most of us despised back in the 2000s. (When you file something against the feds, 1 of the parties you have to serve is the AG, so soon before he was replaced, I served him as Alberto Gonzalez, US AG, or his soon to be named successor.) This on top of W last week at the inaugural going up to Jim Clyburn and thanking him for saving the country. This is how far down the rabbit hole today's Pub party has gone. Just look at the recent actions of the AZ and OR state parties. It's going to get uglier before it gets better. And when some of these Pub lawmakers start getting arrested for their roles in the 1/6 insurrection, I'm afraid we're going to see further violence.

Both are true. Democrats are trying to give Republicans and out but they won’t take it. Instead they’re going to gerrymander and back themselves to a corner even more to solidify their power.

And their families will see no accountability for the secessionist leaders in the republican party.

Those supporting sedition?

Meh...just a difference of political opinion. So I’m told.

It really is amazing at how quickly all of these right-wing sites switched from playing defense on the insurrection to speaking of the liberal "war" to censor and suppress conservative free speech in apocalyptic tones, and comparing last summer's riots to the Capitol attack, and so on. Sedition, rebellion, killing cops, overthrowing the government - who cares about that when we're all getting kicked off Twitter by librul woke cancel culture Big Tech? That's the real threat facing America!

Back