• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Republican Coup (Practice Run)

Jimmy Kimmel said California Republican recall candidate Larry Elder took a page out of Donald Trump’s playbook by claiming the election was fraudulent before it even happened.

“This is the new thing for Republicans,” Kimmel said Tuesday night. “If you win it was a landslide, if you lose it was fraud.”

Elder lost.

But Kimmel noted that Trump set the stage for that claim, calling the effort a fraud, without evidence, days ago.

“Guys, I get it,” Kimmel said, then he summed it up in five words: “You’re losers, and you’re embarrassed.”

Kimmel said he understands on some level.

“It’s the same way I felt when I was still a virgin my senior year in high school,” he said. “But trust me, lying about it doesn’t help. It just makes it worse.

Just to be clear, General Milley should be tried for treason according to what's reported in Bob Woodward's new book. But anything in there that makes Trump look bad (along with all the stuff in his last book) is fake news from a leftwing hack.

Just to be clear, General Milley should be tried for treason according to what's reported in Bob Woodward's new book. But anything in there that makes Trump look bad (along with all the stuff in his last book) is fake news from a leftwing hack.

I think that's what this sentence says. (That's sentence, singular).

If the story of “Dumbass” General Mark Milley, the same failed leader who engineered the worst withdrawal from a country, Afghanistan, in U.S. history, leaving behind many dead and wounded soldiers, many American citizens, and $85 Billion worth of the newest and most sophisticated Military equipment in the world, and our Country’s reputation, is true, then I assume he would be tried for TREASON in that he would have been dealing with his Chinese counterpart behind the President’s back and telling China that he would be giving them notification “of an attack.”

Samantha Bee said Wednesday that Republicans “need to be honest” about why they’re stoking anger about COVID-19 vaccines and mandates.

Republicans aren’t really afraid of them, said the “Full Frontal” host. They’re just terrified of “the hate-filled, conspiracy-loving base they have cultivated.”

“But you know what, it’s their fucking problem ... not ours,” she added.

Pretty tired of the flunkies trying to rehab their images.

Thanks for attempting to save the republic by.... asking the First Lady if she wanted to tweet a thing.

What happened to the so called rally for the Jan 6th morons?

Was it suppose to be this past weekend?

Yeah. The reports I saw said there were more police and media than protesters. I think they permitted for 700 people and got an estimated 400.

On yesterday's CBS Sunday Morning. Ted Koppel traveled to Mount Airy, NC to interview locals and tourists about the town's Mayberry connection and image. On a trolley ride he asks some folks about the 1/6 insurrection. The responses aren't surprising - it was all staged and faked to make Republicans and Trump look bad, the press is the enemy of the people, and one woman declares twice that she just loves her some Donald Trump. The best part is at the end when another woman says that she hopes Koppel's segment won't make "Southerners look like a lot of dumb idiots like so many parts of the country do." As she said it I was thinking, lady, the evil news media doesn't have to frame it that way - y'all just did a great job of feeding that image yourselves.

ETA: Just saw that somebody else had already posted this on another thread, but I'll leave it here.

Last edited:
“We find OUR truth in other ways.”

Yep. And her comment "We don't feel like we're being told the truth" was also very telling of the mindset of these people. If the news conflicts with their feelings and beliefs, they'll just find another "news" source that will confirm their feelings and never contradict them. As a poster in the replies commented, it's somehow fitting that the people on the trolley were enthusiastically traveling to visit a place that never actually existed.

Last edited:
That’s a good point as well. It’s becoming clearer that there are group of people who have always lived in some fantasy of “real America.” For a long time, they controlled the narratives enough to get more and more people to believe the lies. Now they’re having to come up with more extreme lies to sustain that fantasy.

“We find OUR truth in other ways.”

These are people who for decades have decried "relativism" (etc.), preferring to believe some particular version of absolute/invariable truth.

I'd laugh if it weren't so sad.

- An unknown number of American citizens still stuck in Afghanistan

- Inflation hovering over 5% at highs not seen since the late 2000's

- Drone strike on an aid worker and children

- Crisis at the southern border

- Covid

Yet it warms the heart to see the CBS Sunday Morning show getting to the crux of the key issues of our times - What people riding a fucking trolley in Mt. Airy think about 1/6/21 and Washington.

And the Mensa members on the Tunnels eat it up and ask for more. Classic.

Back