• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Republican Coup (Practice Run)

- An unknown number of American citizens still stuck in Afghanistan

- Inflation hovering over 5% at highs not seen since the late 2000's

- Drone strike on an aid worker and children

- Crisis at the southern border

- Covid

Yet it warms the heart to see the CBS Sunday Morning show getting to the crux of the key issues of our times - What people riding a fucking trolley in Mt. Airy think about 1/6/21 and Washington.

And the Mensa members on the Tunnels eat it up and ask for more. Classic.

So says a resident idiot who does little but troll the board with meaningless "gotchas!" and endlessly argues medical data and studies with posters who are actual medical professionals. We're all well aware of those other issues, Angus, and in fact there are threads for most of them, if you haven't noticed. This thread happens to be about the 1/6 insurrection where your brethren rioted inside the US Capitol building. I would think that the denial a significant number of Americans have developed about that ugly day and the falsehoods they believe about it would be disturbing. But I guess not. I would also think you would be happy about all these stories about your kind of folks, Angus, you certainly can't say that they're being ignored by the mainstream media!

Maybe it's just me, but an attempted coup just 9 months ago does actually seem like a "key issue of our time..."

Maybe it's just me, but an attempted coup just 9 months ago does actually seem like a "key issue of our time..."

I don’t know there are some unknown number of American dumbasses that went to a war zone and refused to leave when they were instructed to do so. That’s the real issue not some failed rebellion that tried to overthrow the United States government and install a dictatorship.

Republicans: Things were obviously so bad in Afghanistan that Biden should have known gotten our troops out before the Taliban took over.

Also Republicans: How could Americans in Afghanistan known how bad things were and left before the Taliban took over?

That whole Mayberry interview just bugs me. Koppel is an 80-something year old white man who has been one of the leading faces of news media my entire life. He was interviewing a bus full of fellow old white people like himself. They were visiting the home town of a star of a TV show they watched as kids while attending segregated schools. Not to mention the actual show was filmed on a studio lot in California but they pretend it was an actual small town in North Carolina. And these people think they’re victims. It’s all old white people naval gazing to center themselves and avoid talking about the rest of us who actually make up the majority of this country.

Last edited:
It’s all old white people naval gazing

theoldmanandthesea1958.85500.jpg

"It’s all old white people naval gazing to center themselves and avoid talking about the rest of us who actually make up the majority of this country."

The hypocrasy runs thick tonight.

A) Should they have commandeered a sub-section of a sports board and whined together instead of doing their stupid interviews?

B) What majority are you talking about? You needed people like me to dump Trump and we're already half-off (and that's kind) the Biden bandwagon. Nothing is getting done becuase you have effectively a plurality government in both chambers.

C) You are the same as the people you bitch about, they are like "ah, black people are on TV," and you are mirroring their ignornance.

You're better than this. Let them rant and look stupid. Focus on getting legislation passed by bringing back bigger coalition.

A. They should talk to different people than they always talk to in these types of stories. There have been so many “talking to Trump voters in a diner” stories. They’re old hate.

B. The majority is the rest of us like I said. Most of the population is not white people in their 60s and older. You may not know this based on who is in power in this country.

C. Not at all. You’re missing the basic point that the people on the bus have a disproportionate power in our society and their political views are overrepresented. Your example is people from the group in power who want to silence others. My power is a desire to lift up people who have been silenced.

You should read and think before you post. You’re evidence that this is a problem. You’ve been inundated with the same opinions from the same basic group of people that one middle age Black guy’s opinion completely befuddles you. You’re unable to simply read and understand what I posted to the point that I have to repeat it to you in a more easily digestible way.

Last edited:
I already said they look stupid, how is this evidence that I've be "inundated with the same opinions from the same basi group of people?" I have a Masters Degree in Political Science, it's all one way there and it isn't old right wing cabals.

This Board is a haven for left wing navel gazing. Anything else is attacked.

Old people have disproportionate influence because they vote. Not because of Teddy K.

I'm not befuddled, you're complaining and nothing is getting done. The clock is running.

Nearly certain Koppel doesn’t buy into the idiocy whut them folks is a spoutin’ off ‘bout.

So I guess the question, or beef, is why give them such an opportunity to air their idiotic grievances? I don’t know…but maybe because their stupidity is real/sincere and displaying it may somehow work to mitigate it…??? Or at least that’s the hope…?

I already said they look stupid, how is this evidence that I've be "inundated with the same opinions from the same basi group of people?" I have a Masters Degree in Political Science, it's all one way there and it isn't old right wing cabals.

This Board is a haven for left wing navel gazing. Anything else is attacked.

Old people have disproportionate influence because they vote. Not because of Teddy K.

I'm not befuddled, you're complaining and nothing is getting done. The clock is running.

Mentioning disproportionate influence, what do you think about the 50 Senate Democrats getting 47 million more votes than the 50 Republicans?

Nearly certain Koppel doesn’t buy into the idiocy whut them folks is a spoutin’ off ‘bout.

So I guess the question, or beef, is why give them such an opportunity to air their idiotic grievances? I don’t know…but maybe because their stupidity is real/sincere and displaying it may somehow work to mitigate it…??? Or at least that’s the hope…?

What I want to know is why Koppel decided to go down this path? I am an Andy Griffith lover and still watch the reruns (at least the black and white ones). I figured the focus would be on this and the fictional town but instead it drifted to Trump. Don would be most pleased to know that he still drives ratings on a network that is no fan of his.

- Covid

Yet it warms the heart to see the CBS Sunday Morning show getting to the crux of the key issues of our times - What people riding a fucking trolley in Mt. Airy think about 1/6/21 and Washington.

sorry for you that your family members sound like complete morons on national tv

- Covid

Yes that piece was really out of character for the hard-hitting investigative journalism pieces CBS Sunday Morning is usually known for.

Pieces like:

James Brolin on love of work, and love of Barbra

Minnesota State Fair butter sculptor ends her half-century run

Back