• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Wake Forest Football Season

Wonder who else he could have been referring to? Walker? Sage/Scotty? Certainly not Kendall or Boogie.

I think it’s gotta be Jamie. Sage freaking broke his arm diving on a loose ball at VT in 2019. Would argue if he hasn’t done that - he would’ve been a second round pick in 2020 draft.

Does it matter who? It’s hard to keep all 100 guys from not being selfish. It’s not someone being selfish. It’s about whether it effects wins and losses.

Wonder who else he could have been referring to? Walker? Sage/Scotty? Certainly not Kendall or Boogie.

Newman seems like the only logical choice. Walker was a true freshman playing at a school that was his only P5 offer and behind multiple established RBs. I can't imagine that he was the issue. Sage and Scottie clearly had NFL aspirations, but both got so many targets that it's hard to imagine them being the issue as well.

Wasn't there some speculation that Washington could have played in the bowl game but chose not to?

Definitely not Scotty based on his twitter. He's been going to our games sitting in the stands.

Walker is my guess, as he is clearly fit to be a lead back in a run-heavy Big10 system, and here he was not starting and in a 3 back rotation in a pass heavy RPO..

When we beat Carolina, that NC State game is going to be nuts, last home game, ranked top 8 probably, chance to go 10-0 and chance to lock up the division

Thought Clawson had an interesting response in the dook postgame. Asked about Hartman’s play, he praised him, then quickly moved on to the rest of the offense, starting with the RB’s, who were unselfishly sharing the load. I heard that as a direct response to Walker’s performance and press from earlier in the day.

Thought Clawson had an interesting response in the dook postgame. Asked about Hartman’s play, he praised him, then quickly moved on to the rest of the offense, starting with the RB’s, who were unselfishly sharing the load. I heard that as a direct response to Walker’s performance and press from earlier in the day.

That seems like a stretch, I doubt Clawson is using the post game interview of us crushing a supposed rival by 40 to throw subliminal shots at KW3. We’re undefeated and KW3 is in the running for the Heisman, there’s no reason for either party to begrudge one another.

I didn't get that impression at all. He was asked about Hartman and then said Sam would praise his fellow teammates

Most interesting part to me of the interview yesterday....

Clawson: there was selfishness that crept into our team in 19 that we don't have now. Guys were playing for me instead of we

Seems like he's talking about Newman

A lot of that was pointed at the younger guys not the QB that played through injuries for multiple games

Same logic as Clawson switching gears from Hartman to the RBs in the postgame(who had a pretty good game all around): not everything is a veiled shot no matter how petty someone is

I'm biased for sure, but a Dave Clawson press conference is one of the most interesting 30 minutes in college football. The guy just has it.

5HEq2dY.png

Hartman comes in at T-4 in The Athletic's latest Heisman straw poll.

https://theathletic.com/2928794/202...ig-lead-after-his-huge-game-against-michigan/

Claw mentioned around the 3:30 mark that Duke has players "we wanted" to recruit.

Imagine choosing Duke over WF in football, especially after we unveil $38M facility and are in the CFB playoff discussion while your HC is ready to retire while 50 people cheer you on at Wallace Wade :bowrofl:

Yeah I was wondering on Saturday how Mataeo Durant feels about his college choice. But hey at least he gets to carry the ball 25 times a game while his team loses by 5-6 TDs.

Yeah I was wondering on Saturday how Mataeo Durant feels about his college choice. But hey at least he gets to carry the ball 25 times a game while his team loses by 5-6 TDs.

He'll transfer to MSU next year.

Back