• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Wake Forest Football Season

Syracuse's offense is pretty basic. Being at the Carrier Dome helps, but unless Clemson has thrown in the towel on their season I think their D is gonna eat Shrader alive

Maybe. Clemson has lost its two DTs, including their best defensive player in Brian Brisee. That said, when you look at UGA is doing to every opponent, got to take notice that Clemson held UGA to 3 points on offense.

I predict that those absurd holds Syracuse was getting away with against us will somehow get called during the Clemson game. I also doubt Clemson will let Syracuse break tackles at-or-behind the line like Wake did on seemingly half of Syracuse's offensive plays in the 4th quarter.

From the Home Screen tap “audio” and then “live” and the game will show up there when it is being broadcast.

Mainly hope it's somewhat of a struggle for Clemp and they don't roll into Pitt with renewed confidence. That Clem-Pitt game deffo our best chance for a scenario where we could lose in Death Valley yet still win the division

If we keep winning and Pitt beats VT and Clemson to go 3-0, the ACC narrative will about Wake and Pitt on a collision course for Charlotte.

We could meet in the ACCCG before we ever play them in Heinz Field. Strange

Sciba makes ESPN's mid-season team: https://www.espn.com/college-footba...lege-football-2021-midseason-all-america-team

for as good as Sciba has been, it is notable to me that he never even attempted a FG 50+ yards or longer

any idea at what distance Clawson would use him in a non-end-of-game scenario?

I wish there was an easy way to see how many drives have ended in the 50-55 yard FG range and Clawson has chosen to not kick the FG with Sciba. I really don't think there's been very many, and those that have it's been obvious that we should go for it on 4th down. Maybe Clawson really doesn't trust Sciba from 50+, but I think it's more likely a lack of opportunities than anything.

I wish there was an easy way to see how many drives have ended in the 50-55 yard FG range and Clawson has chosen to not kick the FG with Sciba. I really don't think there's been very many, and those that have it's been obvious that we should go for it on 4th down. Maybe Clawson really doesn't trust Sciba from 50+, but I think it's more likely a lack of opportunities than anything.

Two years ago I would have been in the "not enough leg" camp. He has gotten older, bigger and stronger.This season he has shown plenty of extra distance on his longer kicks. Also, he supposedly hit from the 45 yardline (55 yards) in preseason practice and a 53 yarder in warmup at Syracuse. Part of why Dino took the penalty yards.

Two years ago I would have been in the "not enough leg" camp. He has gotten older, bigger and stronger.This season he has shown plenty of extra distance on his longer kicks. Also, he supposedly hit from the 45 yardline (55 yards) in preseason practice and a 53 yarder in warmup at Syracuse. Part of why Dino took the penalty yards.

Yeah I think Clawson himself said at some point that he didn't really have the leg for it while he was an underclassman. I think that he does now, but obviously we still haven't seen it in games. I hope he gets some opportunities from out there, because if he can prove that he's reliable out there too then he's going to be an NFL kicker.

I don't think we've had many 4th and longs from the 33-35 yard line. I don't remember Clawson punting in a situation I thought Sciba could try a long FG.

I don't think we've had many 4th and longs from the 33-35 yard line. I don't remember Clawson punting in a situation I thought Sciba could try a long FG.

I wonder if we had only gotten a handful of yards on that 3rd and 23 from the 44 if he would've kicked it.

That's the question. Is there any website that consolidates drive charts for the season?

Back