• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2022 Atlanta Braves Season Thread: off season decisions loom

Snit benched Ronnie for not running but Duvall plays on for pure stupidity. Makes sense.

One more win away from losing to the Dodgers in the NLCS again.

I’m not as mad about this one, Morton was on deck. If he goes halfway and waits, he’s on second with two outs and the pitcher up. If it did drop and he went halfway, he probably doesn’t score. It was overly aggressive, but at least a defendable decision.

If you want to say that the Braves would have pinch hit for Morton with bases loaded and one out and/or men on first and second with two outs, then I guess the analysis is different.

They would 100% have pinch hit for Morton on short rest there. It was a comically bad decision. You could see the WTF look on Travis' face, who basically had no choice but to follow suit. My theory is shitty manager leads to shitty decisions.

Why is an infield trap play non reviewable?

If it was in fair territory, the umps would have to make a judgment call on whether the runner would have been thrown out at first if it was ruled a catch on the field but then overturned to be not a catch. There’s no reason to not review it in foul territory.

We sure do have a lot of lefties in the pen to not have gotten the platoon advantage that last inning.

I’m not as mad about this one, Morton was on deck. If he goes halfway and waits, he’s on second with two outs and the pitcher up. If it did drop and he went halfway, he probably doesn’t score. It was overly aggressive, but at least a defendable decision.

If you want to say that the Braves would have pinch hit for Morton with bases loaded and one out and/or men on first and second with two outs, then I guess the analysis is different.

A bad decision, but a do or die in that situation is not so bad. I doubt they pinch hit for Morton with runners on first and second if they let him lead off the next inning.

Leading off an inning isn’t really at all comparable to hitting with 2 on.

Ashby kept hanging that breaking ball and Braves couldn’t make him pay (enough).

A bad decision, but a do or die in that situation is not so bad. I doubt they pinch hit for Morton with runners on first and second if they let him lead off the next inning.

Agreed. I’d be less upset if it was a more difficult catch. But it looked as though Yelich caught it pretty easily, which makes it harder to stomach. Regardless, it’s a significantly more forgiveable error than getting the third out of an inning tagging up from first to second.

Back