• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2022 Atlanta Braves Season Thread: off season decisions loom

Agree with this. They were talking up Pujols during several of his AB's and seemed very excited during the bottom of the 8th when the Dodgers took the lead. Also couldn't stop fawning over Jansen and how he's not a one trick pony reliver anymore. His double leg kick before he winds up is annoying to me. I'm also bitter the Braves lost last night so...:noidea:

The flashback to a Pujols homer in like 2004 during either game 1 or 2 made me laugh. Neither the dodgers nor the braves were involved in that home run and it was like 15 years ago, why are you showing this?

Curious if they'll start Max in game 5. The one advantage the Braves have in this series is their pitching setup. The Dodgers lost a Scherzer start because he was on short rest, and arguably lost game 1 because they had to kick things off with a bullpen game.

The Braves can wait till they get back home and then pitch Max and Charlie in the final 2 both fully rested.

I don't think you can go bullpen games back to back. And Anderson would be less rested than Max. I'm wondering if they throw Charlie on short rest game 6. If we're down 3-2, I'd almost guarantee he'll go.

Curious if they'll start Max in game 5. The one advantage the Braves have in this series is their pitching setup. The Dodgers lost a Scherzer start because he was on short rest, and arguably lost game 1 because they had to kick things off with a bullpen game.

The Braves can wait till they get back home and then pitch Max and Charlie in the final 2 both fully rested.

If they don't start Max game 5... who starts? Ian on short rest or another bullpen game? I guess it could work since Ian only threw 55 pitches Sunday though I don't know if I want him pitching in LA.

If they don't start Max game 5... who starts? Ian on short rest or another bullpen game? I guess it could work since Ian only threw 55 pitches Sunday though I don't know if I want him pitching in LA.

Definitely Max for game 5 as he will be fully rested by then and like his chances going against another bullpen game for LA as highly doubt Roberts risks putting Schwerzer out there given his last performance on short rest as well as his comments after game 2 about his arm feeling tired. Then you have Ian for game 6 at home on a short leash followed by Charlie for a game 7. It would be huge if Braves can pull off a W today against Urias with our bullpen knowing you get a fully rested Max the next day vs. a bullpen as well as fully rested Charlie for a game 7. Granted they will have a fully rested Schwerzer and Walker for game 6 and 7, but Walker is looking like he is starting to wear out some as are a lot the Dodger's bullpen and why you go with Fried in game 5 to try and pounce on them before getting to their aces.

I'm wondering if they throw Charlie on short rest game 6. If we're down 3-2, I'd almost guarantee he'll go.

Why? We'd still have to win an Andersen start to win the series in game 7, why have Charlie go on short rest?

Yeah Charlie is game 7, end of story. No way that changes.

It's just a question of Ian on short rest or Max at home. Personally I'd roll the dice with Ian on short rest, it's likely to be a shorter start than average anyway. Max and Charlie at home is the best chance to win the series in my opinion. I'd actually pick based on today's outcome. Lose, pitch Ian. Win, pitch Max. There's just no scenario in which I want our 3rd best starter pitching a must-win game.

Our best chance to win out of the next 4 games is game 5 against their bullpen. I can pretty much guarantee Fried will pitch that game regardless of what happens today. He gives us the best chance to win the most winnable game. I'm not really interested in risking Ian getting blown up in game 5 on short rest then having Fried get outdueled by Scherzer to lose the series.

Additionally, if Fried pitches game 5 he could probably give us an inning or so in a game 7. That isn't happening if he pitches game 6.

Agree with this. They were talking up Pujols during several of his AB's and seemed very excited during the bottom of the 8th when the Dodgers took the lead. Also couldn't stop fawning over Jansen and how he's not a one trick pony reliver anymore. His double leg kick before he winds up is annoying to me. I'm also bitter the Braves lost last night so...:noidea:

Better for ratings to have a 2-1 series than a 3-0 series.

Our best chance to win out of the next 4 games is game 5 against their bullpen. I can pretty much guarantee Fried will pitch that game regardless of what happens today. He gives us the best chance to win the most winnable game. I'm not really interested in risking Ian getting blown up in game 5 on short rest then having Fried get outdueled by Scherzer to lose the series.

Additionally, if Fried pitches game 5 he could probably give us an inning or so in a game 7. That isn't happening if he pitches game 6.

Good point about Fried in game 7 relief. I'm sure that's the route they'll go, but it makes Max's game basically a must-win if we lose tonight. I guess I look at this from the viewpoint that the Braves are clearly the worse team, and the best chance to steal the series is to win the Max and Charlie games. Reminds me of the Nationals World Series win just with home/visitor fields reversed. So a bit easier.

Ynoa it is. Let’s hope for a bryse Wilson type start to go up 3-1!

Don’t understand why people get so worked up about game announcers it’s not like have any impact on the game. (I’d bet there are Dodgers fans watching last night who would tell you that the announcers were practically rooting for the Braves).

If they bother you that much, turn the sound all the way down. Just watch the baseball.

Don’t understand why people get so worked up about game announcers it’s not like have any impact on the game.

Announcers definitely don't have any impact on the game on the field but they do have an immense impact on the enjoyment of watching a game from my couch. Just look at the numbers the Manning brothers pull when they do their MNF thing.

If there's any technology to allow the syncing of "live" audio from one source (say the MLB App or Wake's Gameday App) with "live" video from a cable/Satellite/OTA/Streaming service I'd be a customer.

Announcers definitely don't have any impact on the game on the field but they do have an immense impact on the enjoyment of watching a game from my couch. Just look at the numbers the Manning brothers pull when they do their MNF thing.

If there's any technology to allow the syncing of "live" audio from one source (say the MLB App or Wake's Gameday App) with "live" video from a cable/Satellite/OTA/Streaming service I'd be a customer.

It would be cool to able to just select a different audio feed. if you have DVR it's not hard to do with your phone (tune in radio app), I do it all the time for Wake games and have been doing it for the Braves playoff games.

Don’t understand why people get so worked up about game announcers it’s not like have any impact on the game. (I’d bet there are Dodgers fans watching last night who would tell you that the announcers were practically rooting for the Braves).

If they bother you that much, turn the sound all the way down. Just watch the baseball.

Who is worked up? Just agreed with an opinion that they came across as a little biased. Agree, they don't impact the game but doesn't mean someone can't have an opinion on it does it?

if you have DVR it's not hard to do with your phone (tune in radio app), I do it all the time for Wake games and have been doing it for the Braves playoff games.

Ah, will have to try out Tune In. I use the MLB app to listen to Braves games all year long (since for some reason Wilmington is Nationals territory) but there is no way to pause or back up the audio feed so it's impossible to sync it up with the video.

Umpire score card had missed balls strikes favoring the dodgers by over a half run. The 3rd consecutive game that the balls and strikes objectively favored the dodgers. Yet the announcers completely harp on one call that went against the dodgers and have ignored the bad strike zone for pretty much the rest of the series. The announcer yet literally yelled yes when bellinger hit that home run. Is that level of homerism out of a national TV broadcast is embarrassing.

Umpire score card had missed balls strikes favoring the dodgers by over a half run. The 3rd consecutive game that the balls and strikes objectively favored the dodgers. Yet the announcers completely harp on one call that went against the dodgers and have ignored the bad strike zone for pretty much the rest of the series. The announcer yet literally yelled yes when bellinger hit that home run. Is that level of homerism out of a national TV broadcast is embarrassing.

8 of the 9 listed “worst calls” were in the Dodgers favor. The 1 to Pederson was the only exception.

Back