• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2022 Atlanta Braves Season Thread: off season decisions loom

Leading off an inning isn’t really at all comparable to hitting with 2 on.

Ashby kept hanging that breaking ball and Braves couldn’t make him pay (enough).

Agree normally, but pinch hitting to lead off is a good idea when you are not expecting Morton to give you many more outs. Anyway I will care not if Smith can get this last out.

AA should already be on his way to the dugout with a blank check contract for Freddie. Give him Harper’s contract I don’t care

i love this team. we should not have won a playoff series but here we are

Really impressed with the fight Braves showed last night after getting behind twice and coming back. Freddie is special. As much as I would like to have homefield advantage, I would rather face the Giants. I am still amazed we made the playoffs and won a series after everything that happened this season.

So safe to assume Fried starts the series on Sat. to give Morton a full 4 days rest and then Morton goes Sunday in game 2 followed by Anderson in game 3 back in Atlanta? Ynoa didn't do himself any favors by giving up a 2 run dinger in his only inning of relief yesterday, so do they go with a bullpen mishmash for game 4, give Ynoa the nod, or see if Fried can go on short rest and get 3 games out of him as he has been lights out recently?

So safe to assume Fried starts the series on Sat. to give Morton a full 4 days rest and then Morton goes Sunday in game 2 followed by Anderson in game 3 back in Atlanta? Ynoa didn't do himself any favors by giving up a 2 run dinger in his only inning of relief yesterday, so do they go with a bullpen mishmash for game 4, give Ynoa the nod, or see if Fried can go on short rest and get 3 games out of him as he has been lights out recently?

Game 4 is probably a combo of Ynoa and Smyly on short leashes, then back to Fried/Morton/Anderson for games 5-7

While this is an offense that could catch fire and beat anyone, just making the NLCS prior to next year is a great result. I'm sure we'll sign Freddie during the offseason, and I wouldn't be surprised if it's structured so that it doesn't hamper the Braves ability to add a couple more pieces and make a real push for a championship over the next 2-3 year window. This year feels like they're playing with house money.

If the Dodgers win we will have home field.

I don’t want to play the dodgers. I will also be out of town this weekend so i prefer the Giants. .

What's really interesting is that the change in philosophy happened literally overnight (it shows that in the article more so than the tweet). Which makes me think AA went down to Snit and told him that the FO was taking over decisions regarding the shift moving forwards, which has certainly worked out.

If the Dodgers win we will have home field.

Completely forgot about the fact Dodgers are WC team even though they have buckoo more wins. That's a tough call whether to pull for Dodgers tonight to get 4 @ home vs. them vs. 3 at home vs. Giants??? Dodgers hitters scare me so much more that I tend to agree that Giants would be better, but Giants do have some great pitching.

Completely forgot about the fact Dodgers are WC team even though they have buckoo more wins. That's a tough call whether to pull for Dodgers tonight to get 4 @ home vs. them vs. 3 at home vs. Giants??? Dodgers hitters scare me so much more that I tend to agree that Giants would be better, but Giants do have some great pitching.

The Dodgers it is. Time for Braves to slay their dragon and hoping an emotional WC and division series takes some of the fire out of Dodgers and have an early let down in Atlanta where we have to get both Ws in my opinion as we will be much better rested and at home. Hopefully Turner stays cold as ice as well. Should be an exciting series.

The Dodgers it is. Time for Braves to slay their dragon and hoping an emotional WC and division series takes some of the fire out of Dodgers and have an early let down in Atlanta where we have to get both Ws in my opinion as we will be much better rested and at home. Hopefully Turner stays cold as ice as well. Should be an exciting series.

Atmosphere should be amazing in Atlanta tomorrow night (at least at the start of the game). I hate the matchup for the Braves but hopefully we can make it a long series and maybe something special happens.

Braves should have an edge in Game 1. Realize baseball isn't football or basketball, but if there was ever an letdown spot in baseball, tomorrow would be it. Giants and Dodgers went toe to toe all season, and Roberts managed last night like it was a WS Game 7 (and he needed to). The celebration after the game last night was legit. Dodgers had to feel that the Giants were the biggest obstacle. Braves are rested and Fried has been in peak form in recent starts. Atlanta should jump all over the Dodgers tomorrow.

Back