• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2022 Carolina Panthers Thread - Move to the 2023 thread

Maybe we should take the fastest QB in the draft who went 28-3 as a starter. Defensive backs couldn't even get an angle on this guy and just gave up.

This is what's being reported. And yeah, Tepper can certainly afford to pay the coordinator enough money for them to have no problem accepting it. But he could very well piss off the rest of the NFL owners - again.

My owner not GAF about the rest of the league and putting the team in the best position to win is EXACTLY what I want as a fan

well.... maybe the crazy dream to throw out there would be wilks, reich, and fangio as the lead staff
I think it's likely Reich gets a HC gig this cycle. He and Ryans are the 2 pretty certain hires. If I were an owner hiring this cycle, they'd be my 1st 2 interviews. And if Ryans could bring Bobby Slowik with him, that would be my plan A. Gimme 2 Shanahan disciples.

So the Colts fired Reich who was unable to handle the uncertainty around the QB position and the Panthers want him?

I am unsure if I think it's a good or bad hire, but I am certain that it is a boring hire.

After guitar planted the idea of giving up #9 for Payton at least I can honestly say that it could be worse.

So the Colts fired Reich who was unable to handle the uncertainty around the QB position and the Panthers want him?
Jim Irsay is heavily considering overriding his whole front office to hire Jeff Saturday permanently. I do not care about what Jim Irsay's actions have to say about Reich, because Irsay is dumb.

Wasn't Reich saddled with the QB retirement home strategy, but now that he's fired and they have a low pick they're gonna draft a QB?

My biggest question is how much input Reich had about the repeated attempts to find a old veteran bridge QB in Indy. If it was his idea to bring in Ryan, Wentz, and/or Rivers, well get ready to cheer for Derek Carr to go 4-13 in CAR.

I am unsure if I think it's a good or bad hire, but I am certain that it is a boring hire.

After guitar planted the idea of giving up #9 for Payton at least I can honestly say that it could be worse.
Lol I planted the idea? Tepper interviewed Payton Monday. I dont think it was me that planted that idea in the press and these boards.

dude

first offensive HC in team history

is Wilks sticking around? I mean I guess I'd want Reich to pick his own people, but idk.

I don’t understand the logic of hiring a coach who just got fired for going 3-5-1 with crappy QBs over your interim coach who just went 6-6 with crappy QBs.

first offensive HC in team history

is Wilks sticking around? I mean I guess I'd want Reich to pick his own people, but idk.

No way. Now Wilks is going to go to the Falcons and shut down the Reich offense. Or he’ll end up on the Bills or Commanders staffs.

I don’t understand the logic of hiring a coach who just got fired for going 3-5-1 with crappy QBs over your interim coach who just went 6-6 with crappy QBs.
hmm, curious isn't it. wonder what it could be.

I would imagine Tepper is looking more at what Reich accomplished in his career prior to the first half of this season. As he should.

I would have preferred Wilks myself, but Reich has certainly accomplished more and had more success as a HC than WIlks. Wilks did a nice job this year for sure rallying the troops but in the end it wasnt enough.

Reich is a good coach. The problem in Indy is Irsay, and that acorn didn't fall far from the tree. Ballard openly admitted he was scared to draft a rookie QB because he was scared Irsay would fire him if the QB wasn't good right away. So they spent a few years getting QBs that were at retirement's door and acted surprised when it didn't work out. I view Reich and Ballard as good football people, but that organization will never be great because of Irsay, who is almost as bad as his dad was. Although Indy is about to get lucky and get either Stroud or Young.

Back