• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2022 Carolina Panthers Thread - Move to the 2023 thread

Lol I planted the idea? Tepper interviewed Payton Monday. I dont think it was me that planted that idea in the press and these boards.

dude
I mostly meant that you planted the idea in my mind, I am aware you are not the only person that had thought about it.

Because Reich made the playoffs with a statute in Rivers, was one game short with Wentz (!) and got turfed by a shitbag owner. Wilks was awful in Arizona and barely passable in Carolina.

If this team finds a QB, it will be fine. If not, it will be hiring another coach in 2-3 years.

I don’t understand the logic of hiring a coach who just got fired for going 3-5-1 with crappy QBs over your interim coach who just went 6-6 with crappy QBs.
This post attempts to equate the talent/QB ability of Mayfield/Darnold to 37 year old Matt Ryan/Sam Ehlinger, which is silly

If they are able to get BOTH Reich as HC and Wilks to stay on that's a best case scenario for Panthers. But that would have probably been included in the press release if that were the case. Reich will have his work cut out for him in the locker room and with the roster if WIlks leaves.

No way. Now Wilks is going to go to the Falcons and shut down the Reich offense. Or he’ll end up on the Bills or Commanders staffs.
If I'm McDermott, I'd take Wilks over Frazier in a heartbeat.

If they are able to get BOTH Reich as HC and Wilks to stay on that's a best case scenario for Panthers. But that would have probably been included in the press release if that were the case. Reich will have his work cut out for him in the locker room and with the roster if WIlks leaves.

Wilks as HC and Reich as OC could have worked out but not the other way around.

I don’t have to worry about Matt Ryan coming to the Panthers, right?

If I’m Wilks I bounce out of principle unless the Tepper truck backs up 20 million or something.

Boy thats the dang truth. Luckily Reich has a reputation as a very likable players' coach.

I wonder if Reich got any guarantee about drafting a quarterback or he’s like here we go again, can’t wait for this same old shit.

I wonder if Reich got any guarantee about drafting a quarterback or he’s like here we go again, can’t wait for this same old shit.
I think this depends on whether Rivers/Wentz/Ryan were forced onto him by Irsay or whether he genuinely believes that signing veteran QBs is a viable strategy. Hopefully it's the former.

did Reich even interview elsewhere? I don't recally hearing his name, but all the young coordinator guys + Payton got mentioned for multiple gigs

Back