• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2022 Carolina Panthers Thread - Move to the 2023 thread

Steve Smith on QB evaluation

He sounds like Peter Brand talking to Billy Bean in the parking garage in Moneyball. I think he's right. The NFL has no clue about QB evaluation. They employ lazy or medieval thinking about "measurables" and arm strength. I think there is an answer out there that's waiting to be conceived and utilized.
Smitty doesn't like SD's posts about Richardson either.

You just dont like Payton. That’s fine and as good a reason as any I guess for not wanting him here.

You are correct. Fuck that guy. He’s a good coach. He would also require sending the #9 overall pick to a division rival. He also put an injury bounty on my QBs head.

Only a peabrained owner would even consider this hire

A hard salary cap was one of the greatest things the NFL ever did, stops and exposes people like Tepper.

Well after the Panthers fire Reich and he gets hired to be a HC for the third time the headlines write themselves.

Fuck every inch of this scenario

At least I'm just wasting the pick in my scenario and not shipping it to our main division rival for a man that put an injury bounty on the face of our organization

Tepper should take the brass balls on his desk and throw them in the trash. If he had any balls at all he would have publicly told Payton to go fuck himself

Cool, then hire him as QB coach. I could lucked my way into 1 SB as head coach with a HOF QB.

You are correct. Fuck that guy. He’s a good coach. He would also require sending the #9 overall pick to a division rival. He also put an injury bounty on my QBs head.

Only a peabrained owner would even consider this hire

hmm...

I wouldn't mind shipping a 9th round pick for Payton

it sounds like the panthers are trying to finagle reich and wilks on the same staff, one as HC and one as OC/DC… not sure if that’s going to work but the only other job wilks has been linked to is falcons DC

Steve Smith on QB evaluation

He sounds like Peter Brand talking to Billy Bean in the parking garage in Moneyball. I think he's right. The NFL has no clue about QB evaluation. They employ lazy or medieval thinking about "measurables" and arm strength. I think there is an answer out there that's waiting to be conceived and utilized.

The main thing I'm getting from the Brock Purdy situation is that he wasted his college career winning 8 games a year and going to the Camping World Bowl with Matt Campbell.

it sounds like the panthers are trying to finagle reich and wilks on the same staff, one as HC and one as OC/DC… not sure if that’s going to work but the only other job wilks has been linked to is falcons DC
I thought it was the current Panthers DC who interviewed with the Falcons

What would you do if you had $18.5 billion? Two head coaches at the same time.

This is what's being reported. And yeah, Tepper can certainly afford to pay the coordinator enough money for them to have no problem accepting it. But he could very well piss off the rest of the NFL owners - again.

well.... maybe the crazy dream to throw out there would be wilks, reich, and fangio as the lead staff

Back