• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2022 Carolina Panthers Thread - Move to the 2023 thread

Pickett is Drew Lock and Blake Bortles. Not worth a first round pick.

Unless something really really drastic has changed since the Willis workout the Panthers are planning on going all in on offensive line, which they've already started doing.

I think he has more Jimmy Clausen vibes ...

Yes I noticed, that is why I specifically mentioned it. He got sacked a lot, which most "elusive" college QBs can avoid. That goes to my point that he is pretty much the same player as Baker Mayfield. The thought that he is somehow a much better runner/athlete than Mayfield is simply because the recent impressions on athleticism are from Mayfield playing against NFL defenses and Howell playing against college defenses. If you compare them apples to apples in college, they are pretty identical.

in their last year baker went for 311 on 3.2 ypc and howell went for 828 on 4.5 ypc. further baker had 5 games where his long run was <10 yds, howell just 1. hard to say those are the same player.

Pickett is definitely Chris Weinke. Older guy with limited upside who might start some games here and there and maybe not screw up too bad, but you'd never really want him as your actual QB.

Weinke was 1-18 as an NFL starting quarterback, including 1-15 in one season.

Can you imagine how much fun Steve Smith would be to be around on a 1-13 team ?

and then weinke was cam's QB trainer/coach for awhile

nah - panthers aren't IN on pickett

more likely to take howell, ridder, or corral in the 2nd

nah - panthers aren't IN on pickett

more likely to take howell, ridder, or corral in the 2nd

They'd have to trade down to acquire a 2nd. Part of the angst around the #6 pick is they don't pick again until #137.

Pickett is definitely Chris Weinke. Older guy with limited upside who might start some games here and there and maybe not screw up too bad, but you'd never really want him as your actual QB.

How many non-athlete QBs with baby hands have thrived in the NFL

Pickett is Drew Lock and Blake Bortles. Not worth a first round pick.

Unless something really really drastic has changed since the Willis workout the Panthers are planning on going all in on offensive line, which they've already started doing.

FWIW, 2 of the PFF guys really think Jax is now leaning Hutchinson at #1 and that Det will then choose between Willis or next best defensive player. So it's looking more likely that y'all can get Neal or Ekwonu at 6.

Back