• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2022 Carolina Panthers Thread - Move to the 2023 thread

What are the numbers on all of these big time Alabama O-Linemen? Most were at the top of their classes when recruited and obviously banded together to form dominant lines in college, but what’s the best way to see hit/miss numbers on them?

What are the numbers on all of these big time Alabama O-Linemen? Most were at the top of their classes when recruited and obviously banded together to form dominant lines in college, but what’s the best way to see hit/miss numbers on them?

I looked it up - and there are 4 starting Bama LTs in the NFL - Jonah Williams (Bengals), Jedrick Wills (Browns), Leatherwood (Raiders), and Cam Robinson (Jags)

I don't think any of them have been a bust, although Leatherwood had a miserable rookie year and Wills/Robinson are average

hypothetically speaking. if we traded for jimmy g... what would be the min standard of success the upcoming season to make you think it was worth it?

wild card birth with a first round playoff loss? better? or rhule saving his job would make it not worth it at all even if we like made it to the nfc championship game. i won't even consider anything more

How many non-athlete QBs with baby hands have thrived in the NFL

0f9a378014_brady_02262008.jpg

hypothetically speaking. if we traded for jimmy g... what would be the min standard of success the upcoming season to make you think it was worth it?

wild card birth with a first round playoff loss? better? or rhule saving his job would make it not worth it at all even if we like made it to the nfc championship game. i won't even consider anything more

Why the hell would a team whose biggest problem is that their best player is always hurt try to solve their second-biggest problem by trading for a QB who is always hurt?

Given the situation with Rhule I'm hoping to stick with Darnold this season and build that offensive line. Let's see if Darmold can have a good year with some blocking and a full season(yeah I know) with CMC. I actually think Darnold can do it. And if he doesn't then bye Rhule. And that's probably a win. Then either you have something with Darnold and you don't have to sign him to a new contract and/or you have a tradable asset in Darnold maybe to some degree. And hop back on the QB merry-go-round by signing or trading for a better QB or drafting one. I just think with the pieces the Panthers have on D and Darnold having at least a pretty good year with some pass protection and a healthy CMC they can be a playoff team.

The problem is past statements indicate that Tepper wanted a win now veteran quarterback but that’s dead because the Panthers missed out on the great quarterback shuffle of the last two years. So now the options are to try and make it so Darnold doesn’t suck, spoiler he will suck. Which means Rhule is fired but he’s not going to suck enough for tanking because the Panthers have some pieces in places and the conference is trash. So the end result will be no proven winning quarterback, a new coach, and a first round draft pick that doesn’t guarantee the best draft prospect quarterbacks.

I agree with what guitardeac said. If the Panthers have a good defense, a good young offensive line, a healthy CMC, Rhule's preferred OC, and a QB he approved the trade for, and he can't win 9 or 10 games, then he's had a fair shot after three years and it's time to move on.

I'm actually pretty excited about the receiving corps of Moore, Marshall, and Anderson all coming back with the same quarterback, although with a new OC. And of course CMC.

We need to see growth from Marshall and Tremble this year.

I looked it up - and there are 4 starting Bama LTs in the NFL - Jonah Williams (Bengals), Jedrick Wills (Browns), Leatherwood (Raiders), and Cam Robinson (Jags)

I don't think any of them have been a bust, although Leatherwood had a miserable rookie year and Wills/Robinson are average

Leatherwood struggled in passpro at Bama at LT. He's really a G at the NFL level, and the Raiders really overdrafted him there in the middle of the 1st. The other 3 are fine, though none of them had top 5 grades on them like Neal does.

YO guitar, seeing some light Twitter rumors about the Panthers kicking the tires on Kyler Murray?

I'm actually pretty excited about the receiving corps of Moore, Marshall, and Anderson all coming back with the same quarterback, although with a new OC. And of course CMC.

It is my sincere hope that Marshall surpasses Robby as WR#2, and I am very interested to see how Tremble develops. No stats or cites, but I feel like TE has to be one of the toughest positions to play as a rookie. He showed flashes of being a contributor in the passing game, and we know he's an outstanding blocker. I'm rooting for him big time.

YO guitar, seeing some light Twitter rumors about the Panthers kicking the tires on Kyler Murray?

I haven't heard that. I will check on it. I think I could actually sort of see that as a possibility although I hope not. As a Panthers fan I would be sorely disappointed in bringing him in as QB. He's just too small and I think we've seen his upside and clearly his teammates and coaching staff don't like him. And zebras and stripes.

Murray isn't good enough to carry a team and a big part of that is he appears to be a poor leader. Tepper's right in what he wants - a top 5 QB long term - but every team wants that and it's clearly hard to do.

Here's my take on Tepper and I really i think many that know him and have worked for him would say this is accurate. He's an incredible trader (and this will come in handy with Panthers dealing) and super smart for sure but he is very much NOT a good business manager. That doesn't sound possible maybe - a guy that knows what makes a business successful from the inside and out in order for it to be a good sustainable investment, but isn't able to really do it himself. He's a good guy and well liked but he's just not a good manager of people. And I don't mean that in that his people don't like him because they mostly always have. He just doesn't know how to delegate and arrange people and a business to succeed. He's got his own set of skills and there's maybe nobody better on the planet. So he hasn't really done that himself in a long time. But this Panthers thing has sort of put him back in that position and that worries me. I mean this is a guy that has a set of giant brass bull balls on his desk for everyone to see. He's definitely got a set when it comes to trading.

Last edited:

No joke, pretty discouraging that neither made an impact even in meaningless games.

Not the best early returns from Fitterer to say the least

No joke, pretty discouraging that neither made an impact even in meaningless games.

Not the best early returns from Fitterer to say the least

The coaching staff is VERY high on Marshall and same with Tremble. Enough so that they were willing to part with Moore if need be because they think he can be a #1 receiver. I was told this within the last week about those two . He mentioned 2 players that they think will be stars on offense and it was those two.

So what does next year's QB draft class look like?

I got this from some website online:

Tier 1 (Upper 1st Round Locks):
Bryce Young - Alabama
CJ Stroud - Ohio State

Tier 2 (1st Round Candidates):
Spencer Rattler - South Carolina
Jake Haener - Fresno State
Jaren Hall - BYU

Tier 3 (Elite Talents With Something to Prove):
Grayson McCall - Coastal Carolina
Hendon Hooker - Tennessee
Will Levis - Kentucky
DJ Uiagalelei - Clemson

Tier 4 (Need to Prove They Can Stay Healthy):
Phil Jurkovec - Boston College
Kedon Slovis - Pittsburgh
Dillon Gabriel - Oklahoma

None of those guys has won a National Championship.

Certainly don’t seem as impressive as recent first round picks that have had early success. Not worth banking a pick on.

Back