• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2022 Carolina Panthers Thread - Move to the 2023 thread

Panthers and SC/York County/Rock Hill are at a major impasse. Panthers have not responded to York County in weeks and a state senator is comparing Tepper to Dan Snyder.

The Panthers must draft Neal, Okwonu, or Cross.

Pull for teams to draft Javon Walker, Aidan Hutchinson, Malik Willis, Kayvon Thibodeaux, Sauce Gardner, Kyle Hamilton, and anyone else with the top five picks so the Panthers have extra options.

I agree with this. The consensus is that all 3 of these guys will be 10-year, high level starters at left tackle. That is a much better move for this team than taking a QB who is much more likely to be the next Akili Smith than the next Lamar Jackson.

Of course what we want is for the Seahawks to give up #9, next year’s 1st, a 2nd, and a late rounder for #6 and a 7th to take Willis.

That's just a tad rich to move up 3 spots, don't you think?:D Hell, I'd be happy getting a 2 and a day 3 pick for 3 spots. Get you back in the 2nd round. Also, good chance Cross would still be there at 9. I think the PFF guys are correct that Willis isn't making it out of the top 10. I think the team other than Seattle that could be interested is Detroit. They could think internally that they're not going to have a top 2 pick next year, so they may as well take Willis at 2, and he can sit for a year or 2 behind Goff. I don't see Atlanta taking him or Pickett - too barren a roster, so go get London or Wilson, still suck and likely have a top 2 pick next year.

Rock Hill was supposed to issue bonds for infrastructure and never did it. Headquarters is like 50% built. York County suggests that Tepper pay for it all and they'll give him tax abatement for however long it takes. Panthers haven't responded for a couple of weeks since that proposal.

Meanwhile Tepper's wealth has exploded to $16 billion.

All this leading into the upcoming demand for a new stadium from Charlotte.

“Y’all need to pay for my shit.”

I guess the point of having $16B including wealth that nearly doubled during a pandemic is to force taxpayers to buy stuff for you.

i mean - rock hill made a deal and now they're backing out?

then they shouldn't have agreed to it

they are the ones that offered it

I used to volunteer on a couple of city boards. Local govts can be a mess, and the sausage making process isn't always fun.

Taking out $225M in loans to build something for someone worth $16B is ridiculous. Good for them for stalling on it.

https://www.wcnc.com/article/money/...oney/275-d46771bf-e6a5-4ff8-a953-f00007f4bb83

Awful take. The state, county and city governments all whored themselves out to get a piece of the Panthers publicity and then didn't do what they were supposed to and you defend them ? Tepper says he has $170 million in the project already and it's not like all of the infrastructure only benefits the Panthers. It's a fast growing area that needs the improvements.

Last edited:
Awful take. The state, county and city governments all whored themselves out to get a piece of the Panthers publicity and then didn't do what they were supposed to and you defend them ? Tepper says he has $170 million in the project already and it's not like all of the infrastructure only benefits the Panthers. It's a fast growing area that needs the improvements.

Yeah this was not a pro sports holding municipalities hostage situation. They went after it to lure some panthers stuff to their area. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Yeah I agree that’s the type of numbers that get published about his net worth. But it’s actually about double that.

I want to know why when billionaires try to measure their billionaire dicks, usually using Forbes list that he would have his net worth halved?

Yeah, RH never should have agreed. But apparently they did. counties and muncipalities that buy these billionaires stadiums have created a shitty situation for areas like Oakland that refuse to pony up and watch their teams leave for a better stadium deal.

Time will tell if Oakland is better off not footing the bill for the Raiders and Warriors. A city can do a lot of good with millions and billions not spent on stadiums for billionaires.

I want to know why when billionaires try to measure their billionaire dicks, usually using Forbes list that he would have his net worth halved?

I don't think any of those estimates are right and many aren't even close. I would imagine some care and some don't even want it to be listed as high as it really is. I don't think Tepper gives a shit about it and probably has his reasons why he prefers it's wrong.

Back