• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2022 College Football Coaching Carousel

I doubt Shawn Clark leaves App for GT, Clark played at App and seems to love it. I know money always talks, but the guy ain't making peanuts at App I'm sure. Plus, does anyone realize how close App is to being winless this year. Troy wins that game 99 out of 100 times and as great as the upset of A&M was, that easily could've gone A&M's way.
My guess would be that Shawn Clark knows, and that would be a reason to take the money and run. The goal of being a CFB coach is hit that P5 payday. You're set after that regardless of how it shakes out.

Drinkwitz has a 6 year $24 million contract at Mizzou. Does not matter if he burned a bridge in Boone, he's never going to need to go back there again.

Further, if App is pissed at him for leaving after one year, they need a reality check. Drinkwitz almost quadrupled his salary when he took the Mizzou job. This is college football, almost every coach is going to leave if they get an offer which means perpetual financial security.

The idea of Deion coaching in a Power V conference is intriguing. Hope its in the ACC. Would be fun and draw eyes.

Drinkwitz has a 6 year $24 million contract at Mizzou. Does not matter if he burned a bridge in Boone, he's never going to need to go back there again.

Further, if App is pissed at him for leaving after one year, they need a reality check. Drinkwitz almost quadrupled his salary when he took the Mizzou job. This is college football, almost every coach is going to leave if they get an offer which means perpetual financial security.

The idea of Deion coaching in a Power V conference is intriguing. Hope its in the ACC. Would be fun and draw eyes.
It would be some classic WF shit to finally get some easy Coastal games and they start reeling in blue chippers.

Yeah. But Deion back in the ATL beating UGA and other SEC teams for local recruits would be pretty special.

Gattis may be riding the carousel pretty soon. He's taking a beat down from Miami and Michigan fans. Michigan telling Miami fans we tried to tell you.

Gattis may be riding the carousel pretty soon. He's taking a beat down from Miami and Michigan fans. Michigan telling Miami fans we tried to tell you.
maybe he can come home and learn some new skillz. we could start our own Saban-style coach rehab program.

Well, unless Gattis also called the Cane defense, Miami has bigger issues on the other side of the ball. MTSU scored 45 points, gained over 500 yards and racked up 8.3 yards per play on offense against the Miami D. MTSU is a low-end Conference USA Team. Liberty would be a double digit favorite over MTSU. Transitioning JMU beat MTSU 44-7 this year.

Miami's problems run a lot deeper than Gattis play calls. FWIW, if you are going to introduce fan's of other schools to the Miami fanbase, let's introduce Miami fans to the Oregon Duck fanbase. Cristobal outrecruited the rest of the Pac 12 at Oregon, but often found a way to lose big games for the Ducks. His one good year at Oregon (2019), Cristobal had Justin Herbert as his QB and still found a way to lose to Auburn (with Bo Nix at QB - who is now at Oregon) and to lost Arizona State and Herm Edwards. People forget that Cristobal was a miserable failure at FIU -- 27-47 in six seasons. Look at Clawson's record; he found a way to win at every shit school that gave him job. Cristobal did not.

I think the evidence is pretty clear that Miami's program is a coach-killer (mainly figuratively, but with Richt, almost literally). They have been running coaches through that school since 2001 with the same problems- undisciplined, recruiting rankings outpacing production, shitty QB play.

I'm sure that Saban would win there, but not sure who else. If Cristobal fails (and he probably will), maybe give Butch Davis a try?

I think the U needs strong leadership at AD and football head coach who everyone can rally around. It seems like boosters wield a lot of influence on various aspects of the program like that guy who seems to be single-handedly running NIL and their search for a new stadium.

Boosters don't care as much about hoops and recruiting doesn't play as big of a role, so a strong leader seems to be working in hoops.

Dell McGee is an outstanding recruiter as you might imagine.

Funny how there's a push to establish specific transfer portal windows for the sake of stability, but colleges are firing coaches before Week 6.

Colorado is probably the worst P5 program in the country at the moment. Just another example of a program leaving their historic conference for greener pastures that has wound up being an absolute disaster.

Remember when Nebraska vs. Colorado was a great Big 8 rivalry?

Yeah, during that brief period in history when Colorado wasn't mediocre to terrible.

Back