• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2022 Football Deacs Season Thread (what a shitty end. fuck duke.)

A little worried about Vandy and even Liberty. LOWF or whatever, but Vandy looked good against Hawaii (i get it, Hawaii) and they have a running QB. Didn’t realize that Liberty had Brewer and like him or not, Freeze can coach.

There may be about 50-60 FCS teams that are better than Hawaii this year.

I’m not worried about Vandy. They ran all over a very bad team. Mobile QBs have given us trouble but if we can’t handle Wright we aren’t going to be in the mix for the Atlantic anyway.

It’s going to look good for us to go into Vandy after they won 63-10 at Hawaii after being favored by 9 and will win by a similar total vs. Elon.

I'm really interested to see the opening line in the Vandy game and how it moves. My guess is that the Wake offense looks a little rusty against VMI but gets it going in the 2nd quarter. I also think we can assume that Vandy cruises to another big win against Elon.

My guess is Wake -4 to open, and that gets bet down by the public who see little Wake Forest on the road at an SEC team. The sharps will be on Wake. It's Wake -2 at the kick, and we cruise to a 14 point win.

WF has to play someone. If Vandy and Liberty are tough games, WF shouldn't be ranked.

The Deacs are a ranked team and our OOC schedule is VMI (a bad FCS team), Vandy (possibly the worst Power V team they have lost 22 straight conference games), Liberty (an independent transfer haven and an evangelical school with no soul; also they lost their franchise QB) and Army (for the zillionth time). That may be the worst OOC schedule for any ranked team this year. If WF is a legit top 25 team, WF should not lose to any of those teams. None of the games should be close. With the Hartman injury, probably good that WF plays a soft OOC schedule, but the OOC schedule is not very challenging.

2022 Football Deacs Season Thread (#22 in Preseason AP Poll)

I think we will be favored by only 4 because Vandy was -9 this week and won 63-10 and it will be a reality check for Vandy kind of like the at UVa game last season. Wake will roll and put Vandy in their place.

I'm really interested to see the opening line in the Vandy game and how it moves. My guess is that the Wake offense looks a little rusty against VMI but gets it going in the 2nd quarter. I also think we can assume that Vandy cruises to another big win against Elon.

My guess is Wake -4 to open, and that gets bet down by the public who see little Wake Forest on the road at an SEC team. The sharps will be on Wake. It's Wake -2 at the kick, and we cruise to a 14 point win.

Yes, because we all know the general public views Vanderbilt the same way they view Georgia or Alabama. Derp.

Anyone know where I can find Wake -4? Looking max bet the hell out of that

WF has to play someone. If Vandy and Liberty are tough games, WF shouldn't be ranked.

The Deacs are a ranked team and our OOC schedule is VMI (a bad FCS team), Vandy (possibly the worst Power V team they have lost 22 straight conference games), Liberty (an independent transfer haven and an evangelical school with no soul; also they lost their franchise QB) and Army (for the zillionth time). That may be the worst OOC schedule for any ranked team this year. If WF is a legit top 25 team, WF should not lose to any of those teams. None of the games should be close. With the Hartman injury, probably good that WF plays a soft OOC schedule, but the OOC schedule is not very challenging.
Not gonna look at all the Top 25 teams, but Michigan plays Colorado St, Hawaii and UCONN. I believe that has ours beat by a good margin.

That's a horrible OOC. Michigan's Big Ten schedule is weak as well.

Preaching to the choir

2022 Football Deacs Season Thread (#22 in Preseason AP Poll)

Im thinking it will be closer to -13. -4 would be insane.

Last edited:
I guessed -4 mainly because: we will be missing Hartman, I expect early offensive struggles in the first game, and I expect Vandy to have destroyed their first two opponents. Maybe I’m pessimistic about how the public will view this game. Like I said, sharps will pound Wake in that instance.

Hitman, you might need a reality check on how the public views Wake, the ACC, and the SEC. You might also be a moron, considering I didn’t suggest that anyone views Vandy like Bama. I’m sure if we were playing @ Bama the line would not be Wake -4.

The ESPN pick center has Wake winning by 5. That’s the only thing close to a spread that I’ve seen, and I saw it after my two posts on the subject.

If at any point you thought he was going to be a Kenny Walker III type player you need your head examined.

Your concern about my head is appreciated, and perhaps justified, but no, I never thought nor implied he was going to be a Kenny Walker III type player.
I am not expecting things to turn out well for him in Columbia and I am hoping I am hoping for him that I am wrong.

The ESPN pick center has Wake winning by 5. That’s the only thing close to a spread that I’ve seen, and I saw it after my two posts on the subject.

ESPN is wonky and went from hating Vandy to projecting they'll win five games after the Hawaii game. A massive swing on there that even Vandy writers are hesitant on. SP+ hasn't updated but going into Week 0, it'd have it around 17(and Bill pulled Hartman out of Wake's numbers) which is notable as SP+ has generally trended to be within 2 points of the spread. Congrove would have it around 19. Just think the public will be a lot more pessimistic on Wake than Vegas unless Wake comes out and throws up an absolute dud week 1. Numbers still have Wake on average in the top 35. Vandy is still in the 90s on average

They were favored by 9 and won by 63 in a week with very few games. Make sense they'd move a bunch.

If we want guys to play like their hair is on fire, why don't we just light their hair on fire ?

I miss the look-a-like threads, the week prior to an opponent! Just throwing that out there for the old school posters that remember same.

My profile indicates I've only been on here since 2017, but I've actually had an account since 2005, I just post so seldom.

GoDeacs!

Back