• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2022 MLB Season Thread

Interesting thinking rolling with Nola regardless tomorrow, I like the saving for Game 3/the NLDS philosophy meself. Certainly gonna need a lotta him to beat the Bravos
I'm really glad that you're not making the decision.
Good Nola, series is over and Ranger doesn't have to pitch.
Bad Nola, Phils still have game three. Worry about the next series when it happens.

Phils ain’t beating the Braves, but it’d be sweet to end the era of Pujols/Wainwright/Molina the way the Cards ended the era of Howard/Utley/Rollins a decade ago

Pitcher's duel #2 in Cleveland. 0-0 in the bottom of the 10th, 2 outs.

That was pretty fun. Shame that Manfred thinks this is the kind of long game that fans are clamoring to eliminate.

I had turned this game off at 8-1. I was very surprised when a friend sent me a text while I was out running an errand that the game was tied up.

Playoff baseball is awesome. So much tension. Let’s go Phillies!

Fucking amazing. I was so afraid I would see another September collapse.
Fortunately, they did make the postseason due to the generous wildcard slots. Then came game one. Whew!
I'm happy. I'd like to beat the Braves, but I'm just glad it's not the Mets. 5-14 is no bueno.
I think the Braves are better, objectively speaking, but let's get it on.

Oh yeah, it is also very precious to do it in St. Louis.

Cards just tossed it away. That first game debacle was the worse game just thrown away I've seen in years. That Card Coaching Staff should all be fired.
And that Mariners come back was just about the best. Both AL East Teams, Blue Jays and Rays, knocked out. Hope it doesn't carry over to my Bombers..

Phils ain’t beating the Braves, but it’d be sweet to end the era of Pujols/Wainwright/Molina the way the Cards ended the era of Howard/Utley/Rollins a decade ago
Looks like it ends with two as the men left on base as Zac Eflin finishes the Cards in B9.

Fucking amazing. I was so afraid I would see another September collapse.
Fortunately, they did make the postseason due to the generous wildcard slots. Then came game one. Whew!
I'm happy. I'd like to beat the Braves, but I'm just glad it's not the Mets. 5-14 is no bueno.
I think the Braves are better, objectively speaking, but let's get it on.
They went 4-11 going into the final weekend, so they did a bit-luckily MIL didn't do enough to take advantage. Anyway, we are known for September collapses, not October collapses, so I'm hopeful.

Mets go down in a heap in the rubber match, 6-0 getting only 1 hit against the Padres.
NYC sports talk will be on fire this week burying their poor showing after winning 101 games in the Season.

They went 4-11 going into the final weekend, so they did a bit-luckily MIL didn't do enough to take advantage. Anyway, we are known for September collapses, not October collapses, so I'm hopeful.
I originally wrote that I was afraid of a September collapse and they did, but decided that was too harsh.
At 4-11 it would not have been too harsh.

Mets go down in a heap in the rubber match, 6-0 getting only 1 hit against the Padres.
NYC sports talk will be on fire this week burying their poor showing after winning 101 games in the Season.

As a Yankee fan, I couldn't be happier that the Mutts absolutely choked down the stretch to cough up the NL East and then go down in the Wild Card round.

Back