• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2022 Pit Fantasy Football League - Dynasty League Filled, Members Please See New Thread

Sorry, have had limited access to my computer and have spent my "board" time on the baseball thread! OMAHA!!!

I have never done a dynasty, but am intrigued if there is room for one more. Cheers!

We have 2 spots left if everyone above confirms, would love to go with 12 teams as it just breeds better competition and parity opportunities.

With Satan expressing interest and one clear spot left, probably should start talking about buy-in amounts. Anyone have a number they won't go over or any reasonable spectrum they want to stay within?

With Satan expressing interest and one clear spot left, probably should start talking about buy-in amounts. Anyone have a number they won't go over or any reasonable spectrum they want to stay within?
Are we interested in doing a dynasty pot? A certain % of each year’s buy in that goes into a pot that once someone wins the league X number of times they take home?

I’d top out at $100, and would prefer a yearly buy in that’s less

Are we interested in doing a dynasty pot? A certain % of each year’s buy in that goes into a pot that once someone wins the league X number of times they take home?
I haven't done this before, tell me more.

I haven't done this before, tell me more.
It’s what my current dynasty league does.

20% of each year’s buy in goes into a pot that the winner each season doesn’t get. Once someone wins the league twice (not necessarily in a row), that person gets all the money in the pot (could be ten years from now). At that point we’d reset the pot and continue the idea.

We also do something fun where the winner of the league can take up to half of that year’s dynasty pot and make some sort of fun investment/bet with it, and the result of that after a year will remain in the dynasty pot. So if the champ wants to put it on Wake’s football season over/under win total, or invest it in some penny stock or whatever, they can choose to do that.

It’s what my current dynasty league does.

20% of each year’s buy in goes into a pot that the winner each season doesn’t get. Once someone wins the league twice (not necessarily in a row), that person gets all the money in the pot (could be ten years from now). At that point we’d reset the pot and continue the idea.

We also do something fun where the winner of the league can take up to half of that year’s dynasty pot and make some sort of fun investment/bet with it, and the result of that after a year will remain in the dynasty pot. So if the champ wants to put it on Wake’s football season over/under win total, or invest it in some penny stock or whatever, they can choose to do that.
It’s a ton more work for the commissioner (or whoever controls the dynasty pot) so totally get it if we don’t want to do it

If we're throwing out ideas, I'm a big fan of weekly small $$ prizes for overall top score. It keeps people invested and provides an incentive to stay involved even if your team is at the bottom of the standings - you can still always take home the weekly prize. I do this with the relatively small league I run for my office. It's only $10 per week, but it's something. A larger league I'm in was $50 per week. The problem, of course, is that you have to have a large enough buy in to fund those weekly prizes and still have enough left over for a decent prize for the champion and runner up. $100 per person gives you a pot of $1200 (less any expenses associated with the hosting site, if any) so that could be enough. Also, you could add the money from auctioning off free agents to sweeten the pot.

The dynasty pot as a concept intrigues me, might put that up to a vote once we fill and confirm all spots.

I agree with @YoungBuck95 that $100 for now is probably the high end of where I would want buy-ins. I am pretty comfortable with anything in the $30-100 range so we can tailor this to fit pretty much anyone's wishes.

Initial payout thoughts would be as such, using $100 as a placeholder (pot of $1200):

1st: $500 (~40%)
2nd: $250 (~21%)
3rd: $150 (12.5%)
4th: $50 (~4.2%)

Weekly Top Scorer: $10 ($140 total, ~11.7% of pot)
Regular Season Overall Top Scorer: $110 (~9.2% of pot)

If we're throwing out ideas, I'm a big fan of weekly small $$ prizes for overall top score. It keeps people invested and provides an incentive to stay involved even if your team is at the bottom of the standings - you can still always take home the weekly prize. I do this with the relatively small league I run for my office. It's only $10 per week, but it's something. A larger league I'm in was $50 per week. The problem, of course, is that you have to have a large enough buy in to fund those weekly prizes and still have enough left over for a decent prize for the champion and runner up. $100 per person gives you a pot of $1200 (less any expenses associated with the hosting site, if any) so that could be enough. Also, you could add the money from auctioning off free agents to sweeten the pot.
Perfect timing, I agree with you and my initial thoughts were to carve out ~20% of the pot for weekly top scores and an overall top scorer on the season

The numbers themselves are obviously dependent on what the buy-in is which is why I put the rough percentages alongside them. It's easy to modify what the totals are, but that's my initial feelings on what the overall piece of the pie for each spot should be.

Not trying to disrupt the vibe, but as a novice to a Dynasty format I'm not a huge fan of a $100 pot. It's not just the buy-in but the commitment to be successful. I can barely win a redraft league.... I have almost zero knowledge of college football outside of Wake and a smattering of ACC/National teams. Maybe as the league grows we gradually raise the pot so people are committed in staying. Btw, I love the weekly winners and 20% idea. Anything to incentivize participation is awesome, IMO

I am interested in joining up just to be challenged and perhaps learn to like this concept. Just my 2 cents, and I may be the only outlier here so am happy to just staying in my comfort zone.

Totally understand where you're coming from, I think $100 is on the high end for a few, it is unlikely we will have that high a buy-in for Year 1.

Different topic: I am putting together a rough set of league bylaws that I would want to abide by, including things like an official payout structure, rules surrounding roster management/tanking, rules for ownership and what the process of finding replacements would look like, etc. I will have that put together before we draft so everyone can take a look at it and comment/approve.

I will be your final member because it’s another opportunity to best Gooner.

I will be your final member because it’s another opportunity to best Gooner.
Lol we would love to have you, but I need you to double confirm that you are being serious

Sweet, that makes 12! Everyone should have received an invite as of now, please let me know if you did not receive it.

I'll get those bylaws drafted up and out to everyone this week. If we can get everyone into the Sleeper league by the end of the week, we can start getting the draft set up and going before July hits.

Reactions: tic
I guess Mako's busload of "student athletes" are loving their success in the 20 team league and want to step up to the big time and make that cash $$.

Back