• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2022 Pit Fantasy Football League - Dynasty League Filled, Members Please See New Thread

Will we do the Pit league on Sleeper?

Will we do the Pit league on Sleeper?
Pit League will probably stay on ESPN unless there is enough push from the group to go to Sleeper

The more I think about it, dynasty would actually be really fun with active OGboards posters. It will be really fun to see what trades we make fun of here at the time vs. how they turn out years down the line.

Totally hear what you both are saying on TE premium. The reason I like the idea of TE premium is really to make it so the TE position isn't the forgotten cesspool it normally is in a lot of my leagues. While it does impact the high-end TEs more, it also can bring low-end TE1s closer to mid-range WR2/3 type points and make them actually viable FLEX plays depending on your team structure. Additionally, with the influx of TE talent over the last few years, I like encouraging owners to not ignore a widening position group in the name of their 9th or 10th flier RB or WR.

That being said, I would potentially adjust the TE premium bonus down from 1 full PPR to 0.75 PPR, double does seem maybe a bit ambitious.

The more I think about it, dynasty would actually be really fun with active OGboards posters. It will be really fun to see what trades we make fun of here at the time vs. how they turn out years down the line.
Historical data is one of my favorite parts of running the current OGB league, I love that someone kept track of that for almost 10 years before I joined, it's super cool. @HailToTheDeacons still the GOAT.

Totally hear what you both are saying on TE premium. The reason I like the idea of TE premium is really to make it so the TE position isn't the forgotten cesspool it normally is in a lot of my leagues. While it does impact the high-end TEs more, it also can bring low-end TE1s closer to mid-range WR2/3 type points and make them actually viable FLEX plays depending on your team structure. Additionally, with the influx of TE talent over the last few years, I like encouraging owners to not ignore a widening position group in the name of their 9th or 10th flier RB or WR.

That being said, I would potentially adjust the TE premium bonus down from 1 full PPR to 0.75 PPR, double does seem maybe a bit ambitious.
The adjustment is something I’d feel better about. I agree that TE is a wasteland under normal scoring, but you’ve only got to start 1 which I think makes it manageable.

I also don’t want to put myself in a situation where I inevitably draft 33 year old Travis Kelce way too early because of the premium lol

I'm interested... haven't done one of these before. When would you expect to start tye draft if we have 8 hours to make each pick?

I'm interested... haven't done one of these before. When would you expect to start tye draft if we have 8 hours to make each pick?
Would want to try to start the draft ASAP, but definitely by around July 1. 8 hours per pick is mostly just a safety measure since it’s a more impactful decision per pick than redraft since you’re drafting long term, but also so if someone gets stuck with IRL problems they aren’t screwed. Almost never have I seen someone use all their time on a pick during a long draft like this.

I still vote to move the 20 team league to Sleeper
I like Sleeper the best but it was already a big switch to go to ESPN the last couple years, not sure everyone will want to but I will once again put it up for a vote/comment before we officially start the Pit League this fall.

TE is a wasteland because there are a few great TEs that produce every week and the next 30 are a crapshoot. Boosting the PPR doesn’t change that.

TE is a wasteland because there are a few great TEs that produce every week and the next 30 are a crapshoot. Boosting the PPR doesn’t change that.
It doesn't relative to the position group itself, but it does relative to other FLEX-eligible position groups. If you're starting 3/4 RB/WRs each week, you're most likely getting down into the RB/WR35-50 range at best with 12 teams in the league. Boosting TE PPR by a little can bring low-end TE1s into true FLEX territory and also bring TE2s into the conversation depending on matchups. It also should encourage a wider pool of players to be drafted/picked up over time which I am a proponent of. Yes the Kelces, Goederts, and Kittles of the world will still overproduce relative to the position group, but those aren't the players I'm worried about. I think it also incentivizes more thoughtful roster management as you have to weight the pros and cons of how to treat your FLEX position and what your bench makeup looks like. Can you afford to carry 7 or 8 RBs or should you grab a 3rd TE? Should you draft a rookie TE with Day 2 draft capital over that WR prospect who may barely make the roster?

Again, just my thoughts on the matter, I appreciate the discussion.

It doesn't relative to the position group itself, but it does relative to other FLEX-eligible position groups. If you're starting 3/4 RB/WRs each week, you're most likely getting down into the RB/WR35-50 range at best with 12 teams in the league. Boosting TE PPR by a little can bring low-end TE1s into true FLEX territory and also bring TE2s into the conversation depending on matchups. It also should encourage a wider pool of players to be drafted/picked up over time which I am a proponent of. Yes the Kelces, Goederts, and Kittles of the world will still overproduce relative to the position group, but those aren't the players I'm worried about. I think it also incentivizes more thoughtful roster management as you have to weight the pros and cons of how to treat your FLEX position and what your bench makeup looks like. Can you afford to carry 7 or 8 RBs or should you grab a 3rd TE? Should you draft a rookie TE with Day 2 draft capital over that WR prospect who may barely make the roster?

Again, just my thoughts on the matter, I appreciate the discussion.
I understand where you're coming from. I just think it's random production not "thoughtful roster management." In a 12 team league, that 2nd TE drafted in the 11th round probably has similar production to a FA TE. Last season, one of the top TEs wasn't even a real TE.

I understand where you're coming from. I just think it's random production not "thoughtful roster management." In a 12 team league, that 2nd TE drafted in the 11th round probably has similar production to a FA TE. Last season, one of the top TEs wasn't even a real TE.
But that’s more of a redraft league issue than a dynasty issue. Either way, I understand your side as well.

Also, are you saying you want in to a dynasty league, @PhDeac ?

I’m thinking about it. Never done a dynasty league before.

For those that have indicated they are interested, I will send out a link to a Sleeper league I’ve put together to have this start moving in the right direction. As far as initial buy in goes, I’ll leave that up to discussion but I’m cool with whatever.

I am out of the country from June 22 to July 8 so if the draft happens before then, it may be difficult for me to get a pick in.

Back