• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2022 Pit Fantasy Football League - Dynasty League Filled, Members Please See New Thread

Yes. Seems crazy not to wait.

Well that sucks. I’m going to let Ghost and WFF how they want to handle this and honor their decision.

The best option I’ve seen is using Week 18 stats for Bills and Bengals players. They both have something to play for.

Well that sucks. I’m going to let Ghost and WFF how they want to handle this and honor their decision.
BOOOO! You are commissioner, make a decree! Don't let the little people decide who wins... You are the maker of rules!

The best option I’ve seen is using Week 18 stats for Bills and Bengals players. They both have something to play for.
It's not the worst idea, though still an imperfect solution. My preference if I were in that situation would be to throw out Week 17 and have Week 18 be the championship all over again, but I'm neither Ghost nor WFF. That's why I want to leave it up to them to determine what they both think is the most equitable solution.
BOOOO! You are commissioner, make a decree! Don't let the little people decide who wins... You are the maker of rules!
I am commissioner but I am no dictator. The people can depose me whenever they want.

up to ghost on that one, he's leading. i'm seeing a lot of leagues just say score stands as is.

As commissioner, I will at least commission a little bit. Three options really are on the table, I will accept whichever the two of @Ghostsurfer and @WakeForest Fan choose between themselves:

1. Scores stand as is, Week 17 is considered complete and the season is over.
  2. Week 17 scores remain as they currently are, but Buffalo and Cincinnati players' Week 18 scores are inserted into Week 17 to complete the week.
  3. Week 17 is scrapped totally, Week 18 is used as the new championship week.

i'd say one or two
i don't believe 3 is fair to ghost. pollard will be back and a lot of my players stunk to high heaven in week 17.

at least we are discussing and that's more than i can say for other leagues. in my business partners league he is playing his commish for the title. the commish just said season is over without conferring with anyone else - and it is a money league. ha. partner is down 2.6 and had Allen and Mixon playing.

at least we are discussing and that's more than i can say for other leagues. in my business partners league he is playing his commish for the title. the commish just said season is over without conferring with anyone else - and it is a money league. ha. partner is down 2.6 and had Allen and Mixon playing.
I'm not actually in this league and just lurk because I like fantasy football, but I'd never play in the league again if a commish did something like that to me. I mean, the likelihood that Allen/Mixon combine for less than 2.6 if that game was played to completion is probably <2%.

If the situation is a team that was projected to win but is still down a few points due to Bills/Bengals, the only fair solution is to use week 18 scores as substitutes for week 17 for all Bills/Bengals IMO.

I was honestly hoping Gooner would come in and say something like this. "Sorry, results are invalid for the week. Instead, I'm champ.". But since he seems like a reasonable person, I guess this is what we are stuck with.

By the power vested in me by the Constitution of the United States and by tsy changing my OGB title to Pit FFL Commissioner, I hereby decree that Ghost and WFF will be co-champions for 2022.

I appreciate both of them for being super understanding through all of this. Congratulations on an excellent 2022 season to both of them.

I have given Ghost a lot of (well-intentioned) shit over the last few years for various reasons, but I really want everyone to recognize how big of a standup dude he is. I know this is a for fun league and no money is on the line, but after winning the regular season and having the lead going into MNF before everything went down, he would have been well within his rights to say that he deserved the championship, especially as league sites across the country have started to declare Week 17 stats final. All week he has been nothing but gracious about the situation and tried to make sure this went down the right way, eventually proposing a shared title which WFF agreed to. Ghost won't seek out the recognition himself so I wanted to make sure he got his roses.

Also I know things kind of fell off the rails towards the end of the season with my writeups and whatnot. Work caught up to me in a way it hasn't before the past few years and I just didn't have the time that I wanted to do it the way I try to do it. Hopefully in 2023 I can get back to those regularly scheduled recaps and keep things light and fun for you all. But I appreciate all of you who participate each year, this was a great season and I look forward to continuing this again next year.

Back at you WFF! My goal was to just get into the playoffs and I was fortunate to get to the Championship. Unfortunately, Monday's night game was one we will remember for the wrong reason. However, it's amazing that Damar is recovering so quickly, and I am thrilled that they think he will make a full recovery. I was literally crushed watching the players and coaches surrounding Hamlin.

I tell my friends that I am in a 20-team league and they all respond, "That must suck!" However, this is my favorite league and it is due to the people we have in the league, our love of Wake and fantasy football, and we all owe a great debt of gratitude to Gooner for his leadership and the amazing weekly recaps. I read all of them sometimes twice because his insights are funny, well thought out, and spot-on. It is a labor of love and I'm not sure why he doesn't just quit his job and just focus on the league....

Lastly, Gooner was too kind with the comments regarding me. It was so nice that WFF, Gooner, and I were all on the same page and while we each wanted to win - I think this is a nice way to "remedy" a lot of the anger and frustration other leagues have gone through. Thank you, WFF. I know Allen could have popped off any given Sunday. I hope everyone has a great '23 and GO DEACS!

Last edited:
This makes the passing of the trophy way more awkward, but congrats to both champs.

Gooner, thanks for running things. The only reason people get upset when you miss a recap/preview post is because we all enjoy reading them and you set the bar way too high for yourself.

Back