• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2022 Pit Fantasy Football League - Dynasty League Filled, Members Please See New Thread

so is the argument H2H vs points for the tiebreaker? If so doesn't H2H make more sense since your record (which you get by beating other teams) is the first step in determining eligibility. so therefore we can look at which teams you individually beat to help further determine if eligible.

Can’t play defense in fantasy football so points scored is the best tiebreaker.

I’m still trying to figure out how this tiebreaker worked. Fighting Cocks, mako, and Barca are the 6-8 seeds. Fighting Cocks was 2-2 vs 8-6 teams. mako was 1-2. Barca was 3-2. But Goon was 3-1 so that couldn’t have been the tiebreaker.

The projected standings had me at 8th until something changed to put me at 11th. Now I’m 10th in the seedings. It’s Mrs, Ph, Goon at 9-11.

As soon as I get off of this lunch call, I will write up an explanation of how Barca won the tiebreak and where we go from here.

sure, but why even have H2H then? we'd just be an all play league or total points or whatever.

Some leagues do that. H2H tiebreaker can be a mess especially in a 20 team league in which not every team plays each other. Points scored is straight forward. We still don’t understand how the tiebreaker worked this time.

I do understand how it worked this time, Ph. One moment, please.

OK I got confused again, one moment more, please.

Mrs. I/O - Fighting Cocks, Ph | Goon, mako, Barca
mako - Mrs. I/O | Ph, Barca (Gooner, Fighting Cocks)
Ph - mako, Gooner | Mrs. I/O, Barca, Fighting Cocks
Barca - Ph, mako, Mrs. I/O | Goon, Fighting Cocks
Gooner - Mrs. I/O, Barca, Fighting Cocks | Ph (mako)
Fighting Cocks - Ph, Barca | Mrs. I/O, Goon (mako)

Not equal across all teams, move to next tiebreaker which is points scored: Fighting Cocks #6

Mrs. I/O - Ph | Goon, mako, Barca
mako - Mrs. I/O | Ph, Barca (Gooner)
Ph - mako, Gooner | Mrs. I/O, Barca
Barca - Ph, mako, Mrs. I/O | Gooner
Gooner - Mrs. I/O, Barca | Ph (mako)

Not equal across all teams, move to next tiebreaker which is points scored: mako #7

Mrs. I/O - Ph | Goon, Barca
Ph - Gooner | Mrs. I/O, Barca
Barca - Ph, Mrs. I/O | Gooner
Gooner - Mrs. I/O, Barca | Ph

Equal across all teams, eliminating Ph and Mrs. I/O via H2H. Barca & Gooner still tied so moves to next tiebreaker between them which is points scored: Barca #8.

I do understand how it worked this time, Ph. One moment, please.

Right. We (the rest of us) didn’t know until just now.

So it came down to intra-division record. So Barca got in over Mrs. I/O and me because he went 3-1, she went 2-2, and I went 1-3. So that makes sense.

Thanks for the explanation.

Basically, the tiebreaker order for our league is H2H, Points For, Intra-Division Record, Points Against, Coin Flip. You can check this yourselves on the League Settings page under the Schedule tab. How ESPN tiebreakers work is if H2H for involved teams is not equal, it automatically moves to the next tiebreakers between those teams which is points scored. However, ESPN performs tiebreaks for each individual seed, not one big tiebreak to determine the overall order. That's why Fighting Cocks and mako went through as the #6 and #7 seeds, see above. Once those two seeds had been sorted, the four teams still in the running did have equal schedules as we all played each other. The first tiebreaker, H2H, eliminated Mrs. I/O and Ph as they were both 1-2 against the other three. Barca and I moved to the next step of the tiebreaker because we were both 2-1, and Barca beat me on points scored so he got the 8 seed.

Right. We (the rest of us) didn’t know until just now.

So it came down to intra-division record. So Barca got in over Mrs. I/O and me because he went 3-1, she went 2-2, and I went 1-3. So that makes sense.

Thanks for the explanation.
I thought that was it too but we are different because we are not a generic ESPN league. See the explanation above, this was wild.

Btw, Ph that Mecole Hardman decision the week I played you will haunt me forever. Me subbing him out of my lineup was literally the difference in me making the playoffs or not.

That's why we love Gooner. That and the absolute devastation that he must feel to know that I'm better than him at another silly internet game.

Thanks for figuring all this out, Gooner. It kind of makes sense now.

But now I'm confused why it had me projected at #8.

As far as I can tell, Fighting Cocks and mako would have been in on points regardless of the rest of the games. And the rest of it came down to the winner of Mrs. I/O vs. Barca.

Oh well. I finished on a 4 game winning streak. I had a solid draft overall. I used my waiver claim on Zonovan Knight which worked out well.

Thanks for figuring all this out, Gooner. It kind of makes sense now.

But now I'm confused why it had me projected at #8.

As far as I can tell, Fighting Cocks and mako would have been in on points regardless of the rest of the games. And the rest of it came down to the winner of Mrs. I/O vs. Barca.

Oh well. I finished on a 4 game winning streak. I had a solid draft overall. I used my waiver claim on Zonovan Knight which worked out well.
This appears to be a quirk in the system where ESPN doesn't do well with more than 2 divisions in the standings projections. Because although you were correctly projected to finish 8th at that point, it was actually 9th the whole time because SD3 was projected 11-12th, but got an automatic playoff spot by winning his division. I didn't realize that until yesterday morning when I was trying to figure out the tiebreakers. And you would have finished 9th but for Mrs. I/O getting just enough points in Week 14 to get back in front of you on total points scored.

Last edited:
I'm still speechless. Look at me Ma, the #1 seed!

What is this thing you all call "playoffs?" Asking for a friend.

Back