• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2022 Pit Fantasy Football League - Dynasty League Filled, Members Please See New Thread

Basically, Ph, everything that needed to go your way yesterday went your way. All you need is the Patriots to be exactly who the Patriots have been all season and you snuck in with the lowest odds coming into Week 14.

I don't think you need me to lose, I'm not your blocker on this because you have H2H and points on me. From what I can tell you're in unless Mrs. I/O, Fighting Cocks, and mako all win and that is unlikely.

So do I need Mrs I/O or Barca to win? I lost head to head to both. Mrs wins and she’s out of the tiebreaker at 9-5 and Barca is out of the tiebreaker at 7-6. So that would leave two spots for these 8-6 teams.

Ph
redwing
Fighting Cocks
Goon
mako

I beat you and mako and lost to redwing and Fighting Cocks who are both losing right now. So it’s pretty straightforward if Mrs. I/O wins. It’s much more complicated for me if she doesn’t.

Gooner I'm not smart enough to figure it out so am I out if I lose now?

So do I need Mrs I/O or Barca to win? I lost head to head to both. Mrs wins and she’s out of the tiebreaker at 9-5 and Barca is out of the tiebreaker at 7-6. So that would leave two spots for these 8-6 teams.

Ph
redwing
Fighting Cocks
Goon
mako

I beat you and mako and lost to redwing and Fighting Cocks who are both losing right now. So it’s pretty straightforward if Mrs. I/O wins. It’s much more complicated for me if she doesn’t.
I think it's better for you if Barca wins because you have the points tiebreaker on him if it goes to that.

it would've been better for me if my team wasn't very bad to start the year.

I think it's better for you if Barca wins because you have the points tiebreaker on him if it goes to that.
Points may be an out if Barca wins, but I'm pretty sure I'm better off if Mrs. I/O and Barca were out of the 8-6 mix entirely.

George Kittle was out Week 1. My backup was rookie Isaiah Lively who I got as a handcuff in case Mark Andrews went down. So I considered picking up a FA TE. I saw Taysom Hill was listed as a TE and thought, "LOL. Fuck that guy." and decided not to make any rash moves and just hope it didn't matter. Lively got 0 points and I lost by 4. Hill got a bunch of points and has been one of the highest-scoring "tight ends" this season for doing random Taysom Hill shit.

Oh well. At least I've still got a chance.

Points may be an out if Barca wins, but I'm pretty sure I'm better off if Mrs. I/O and Barca were out of the 8-6 mix entirely.

George Kittle was out Week 1. My backup was rookie Isaiah Lively who I got as a handcuff in case Mark Andrews went down. So I considered picking up a FA TE. I saw Taysom Hill was listed as a TE and thought, "LOL. Fuck that guy." and decided not to make any rash moves and just hope it didn't matter. Lively got 0 points and I lost by 4. Hill got a bunch of points and has been one of the highest-scoring "tight ends" this season for doing random Taysom Hill shit.

Oh well. At least I've still got a chance.
I could've gotten Tyreek Hill when I drafted DJ Moore, but as I said didn't trust Tua (and I guess trusted the Panthers QBs??). if I had done that instead I'd probably have a couple of other wins. but losing Dak for a few weeks wasn't great either.

It is rare that you can point to a single play that turned a fantasy football season, but the OT TD that DeakHawk got against me a couple weeks ago was pretty much the definition of that. I gave it a respectable run this season, at least.

JK Lone Wolf secured a WC so idk

Last edited:
Division Winners:
Ghost (1 seed)
DEACHAWK (2 seed)
Mr. I/O (3 seed)
SD3 (4 seed)

Wildcard Confirmed:
Lone Wolf (5 seed)

Wildcard IDK WTF the Tiebreakers Are But You're All Still In the Hunt:
Mrs. I/O
mako
Ph
Barca
Gooner
Fighting Cocks

Literally everyone who could be 8-6 is 8-6 except redwing, so I think it will come down to points scored

H2H - Wins | Losses (DNP)

Mrs. I/O - Fighting Cocks, Ph | Goon, mako, Barca
mako - Mrs. I/O | Ph, Barca (Gooner, Fighting Cocks)
Ph - mako, Gooner | Mrs. I/O, Barca, Fighting Cocks
Barca - Ph, mako, Mrs. I/O | Goon, Fighting Cocks
Gooner - Mrs. I/O, Barca, Fighting Cocks | Ph (mako)
Fighting Cocks - Ph, Barca | Mrs. I/O, Goon (mako)

If it comes down to points then it's #6 Fighting Cocks, #7 Mrs. I/O, #8 mako.

If this is correct, my only way to advance would have been for Fighting Cocks and Mrs. I/O to win and take the #6 and #7 seeds. Then I would have had the tiebreaker over mako and Gooner for #8.

New tiebreaker information has been acquired. Putting the finishing research together, going to have something for you all later today. Congrats to Barca for sneaking in and nabbing the 8 seed at the death!

New tiebreaker information has been acquired. Putting the finishing research together, going to have something for you all later today. Congrats to Barca for sneaking in and nabbing the 8 seed at the death!
Woo!

I'm going to be a bit miffed if I stay at #5 in total points and don't make the playoffs. Not too much, though, since I was definitely outside the top 8 last season and did make it in.
I ended up #4 in total points and was 3 points away from the top 3. I must have just had terrible matchup luck, because my points against wasn't (weren't?) particularly high. I did have a couple blowout weeks that helped too. I'm not miffed, just bemused.

Fantasy football is weird. Number 1 and number 3 in total points play in the first round, and number 4 didn't even sniff the playoffs.

Also from my research, it appears the H2H tiebreaker that has resulted in the current situation is a relic from prior to my time as commissioner. I know Ph has already brought up changing the main tiebreaker to total points for, we will put that up to a vote from everyone in the offseason.

Back