• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2022 races (and 2021 for weird commonwealths like Virginia)

"Show me data!" - ITC

[Here's a Forbes article showing Person A delivered on manufacturing jobs 6x his predecessor, who had declared it impossible.]

"Not that data, show us the data we like!" - ChrisL

Again, I pointed out that Obama never declared that, but we should all know that expecting honest discourse out of you is a bridge too far.

Looking a a couple of year period doesn't give an accurate assessment of manufacturing because there are going to be fits and starts in job growth, just like what happened to Trump starting in early 2019.

If i wanted to be as dishonest as jh i could point out that trump left office with a net loss in manufacturing jobs from the day he took office. But that doesn't factor in covid. Yet manufacturing growth was completely dead a year earlier and his manufacturing job growth numbers weren't trending to be any better during his 4 year term as they were during Obama's last 4 years.

So basically at the end of the 1st year when trump cut corporate taxes manufacturing job growth in the US completely stopped. And this is the football that JH is spiking for Republican economic policy.

Personally I would be embarrassed if I was you.

Last edited:
I think it was worse, it was his response for what Trump did for the working class.

Rumor is Madison Cawthorn might abandon his current district (NC-11, which will mostly become the new NC-14) to run in the new NC-13, which stretches from the Foothills down through Gastonia into north Meck County. Ironically, one of the things he repeatedly hammered Moe Davis on in the last election was him being a carpetbagger not from the district and not representing mountain values. Moe Davis is from Cleveland County but has lived in the district for years and years. Now, Cawthorn could represent Cleveland County without living in said district.

But he would have to run against NC Speaker Tim Moore who is reportedly going to run for the same seat.

I have not found one single person who likes or supports Cawthorne. Have to think without the idiots in his district that voted him in that his career will be short lived once he leaves the nest.

I have not found one single person who likes or supports Cawthorne. Have to think without the idiots in his district that voted him in that his career will be short lived once he leaves the nest.

he hasn't done one productive thing for the district, and steps on his dick every other day with one dumb thing after another. he doesn't interact with constituents at all, other than at carefully planned events to get a home team crowd. he has had one virtual town hall, but all of the questions were carefully curated. he doesn't have a district office in Buncombe County, which is by far the biggest county in his district and just shows his open disdain for a lot of his constituency. people I know who have tried to contact his office have never gotten responses when that is by far not the norm for members, even if they don't agree with you.

he is pitifully stupid, and really shows what a lack of education can do for someone in a position of power. plus he's a Nazi who helped plan January 6.

Last edited:
However it is apparent that this is the direction of GOP legislators. Expect more Cawthorns and MTGs.

he is pitifully stupid, and really shows what a lack of education can do for someone in a position of power. plus he's a Nazi who helped plan January 6.

Not a fan but is there a link to your claim that he's a Nazi and Jan 6th collaborator?

He seems like someone people will say they don’t like but they’ll vote for him because they primary opponent is a RINO cuck and the Dem wants to kill babies.

He seems like someone people will say they don’t like but they’ll vote for him because they primary opponent is a RINO cuck and the Dem wants to kill babies.

Imagine losing to that guy.

It’s actually perfectly representative government because he is pretty much his voting base, really fucking dumb.

kind of an unfortunate outcome of two-party politics imo

outsized influence on the primary stage

He is the embodiment of the anti-intellectualism bent of the current GOP. People like him, MTG, Boebert, etc appeal to the lowest common denominator of Republican voters.

Republicans choose to run idiots like this. They could easily promote better people to run for office, and still win these races because as jhmd points out...democrats still lost to these idiots. The would have lost to decent candidates as well. Instead the current form of the Republican party likes to bask in this stupidity because they somehow think that being intelligent, or a decent human being, is something to be mocked as elitist.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/13/politics/madison-cawthorn-social-media-post/index.html

Do many non-Nazis refer to Hitler as "the Fuhrer" unless being literal in saying something like "Adolf Hitler's title was the Fuhrer of Nazi Germany."?

https://www.citizen-times.com/story...le-jan-6-capitol-riot-rally-trump/6172611001/

Lulz - Your evidence proving he's a Nazi is that he visited a tourist attraction in Germany years before he ran for Congress?

And the link to the Rolling Stone article based on "unnamed" sources is even more laughable. Has Rolling Stone finished paying out the lawsuits yet over the gang rape hoax story at UVA?

Good stuff as always, barca.

Back