• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2022 WFU bowl speculation thread

damnit. Now I'm back to being stuck going to Disney on Ice at 10:30 that morning.

I'd like to see us play UCF - it would be a solid W.

You must have missed our last five regular season games.

You must have missed our last five regular season games.
yeah this actually might work out better for me if we don't make Fenway. But I keep hoping we'll snap out of it. I'd like to be there to see Sam break the ACC TD record IN A WIN. In a loss.. .meh. The ACC record will be eventually broken. There are 18 players in NCAA history who have thrown more TD passes than Tajh Boyd over their careers including the record holder Case Keenum (155 while at Houston).

I don't know about that. It's easier than ever to redshirt and transfer, so it's not there won't be as many 4+ year starters in one conference.

I don't know about that. It's easier than ever to redshirt and transfer, so it's not there won't be as many 4+ year starters in one conference.
I would wait until the carousel stops before making that claim. Quite a few players left without a scholarship last year. While the extra covid year is still in the equation, there will be fewer spots on rosters than players in the portal.

If we are going to whine and cry about playing Duke, Cuse, UNC, FSU etc in the same year then 7-5 is about as good as we can expect. Give that schedule to a true top 10 team and they sleepwalk into the playoff.

Newsflash, we aren't a top 10 program yet. Rome wasn't built in a day. We're going to have small steps backwards like this on our journey forwards

Newsflash, we aren't a top 10 program yet. Rome wasn't built in a day. We're going to have small steps backwards like this on our journey forwards
I agree with that, and if we're going to be a perennial even top 20 team, whining about playing those basketball schools can't be part of every season.

I agree with that, and if we're going to be a perennial even top 20 team, whining about playing those basketball schools can't be part of every season.

It's not whining at all, just context as to why our record was what it was

A few extra bowl practices are not enough to fix our special teams.

Needs a long look/changes in the off season.

However, 20 extra practices in December will help the coaches sort out those likely to be above the line next summer from those who won't be. And then plan accordingly.

Orange Bowl: Clemson
Orlando: FSU
Holiday: UNC
Sun: Duke
Gator: Notre Dame
Charlotte: NCSU
Military: Wake
Pinstripe: Pitt
Fenway: Louisville
Gasparilla: Cuse

Sucks to close out 1-4. :(

Win 4 winnable games and we’re in the NYE with an outside shot at the CFP. We weren’t that far away. Vegas thought so. The national media thought so. The pollsters thought so.

I agree the program is back to 6 years ago. Next year will be a rebuilding year in which 7-5 will be a decent season.

Wake Forest could have been in the discussion for the COLLEGE FOOTBALL PLAYOFF

Can’t wrap my head around it.

Some seriously squandered opportunities for a program like ours the last few years. We only get so many bites at the apple.

Back