• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2022 WFU bowl speculation thread

So now we can be pretty sure 11-1 Wake would have made the Cotton Bowl vs. Tulane. It’s amazing how things have gone for both programs since Hartman’s first start.

That would have been an underwhelming opponent, but I would have loved the trip to Dallas.

Underwhelming opponent? Yes. But the symmetry would have been a good story. It would have been an easier route to a possible top 5 finish for a 12-1 Wake. At that point, an underwhelming opponent would have been a plus.

Usually I sit around waiting on our bowl announcement with a ton of excitement. I just don’t feel it this year. Guess that does mean that we’ve come to expect bowls which is a good thing.

ECU-Coastal in Birmingham. Thank god we avoided any of that nonsense.

We got an SEC team so I’m ok with it all things considered.

This is about as good as we could have ended up with. SEC opponent we’ve never played. Weather should be good. Great stadium. Third NFL stadium in a row. A lot of black and gold.

This is about as good as we could have ended up with. SEC opponent we’ve never played. Weather should be good. Great stadium. Third NFL stadium in a row. A lot of black and gold.
Yep. And we can say we made back to back Florida bowls. No one has to know that the second one was a crappy one.

It being at the Bucs stadium certainly makes it seem more legit than if it were still in the dome

Yep. And we can say we made back to back Florida bowls. No one has to know that the second one was a crappy one.

The only thing crappy about the Gasparilla Bowl is the time and typically the teams. I’m sure there’s some more pageantry associated with the Outback now Reliaquest Bowl but it’s in the same stadium. It’s not at Tropicana Field anymore.

The only thing crappy about the Gasparilla Bowl is the time and typically the teams. I’m sure there’s some more pageantry associated with the Outback now Reliaquest Bowl but it’s in the same stadium. It’s not at Tropicana Field anymore.
6-6 SEC vs 7-5 ACC could easily have been the matchup even in Charlotte so the teams this year are fine. The time definitely sucks.

Back