• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2022 WFU bowl speculation thread

As it currently stands the ACC looks to have zero New Years Eve or New Years Day bowls which is awful.
This is just a silly post. The ACC has a team in the Orange Bowl. This guy is criticizing the ACC because of the good lord placing New Year’s Day on a sunday.

This is just a silly post. The ACC has a team in the Orange Bowl. This guy is criticizing the ACC because of the good lord placing New Year’s Day on a sunday.
I was wrong about the NY Day stuff but our bowl tie-ins suck. It is ridiculous that we (typically) don’t have any games played on NY Day which means this year we don’t have any on NYE.

It should be a crime to have a bowl before Christmas.
For the players' sake, who have been at this stuff for over 5 months on an almost daily basis, I'm fine w/every bowl other than the playoffs and the NY6 being done before Xmas so they can spend the holidays w/family and get a break before spring semester. Of course that also compresses practices/games into exam periods. At some point if the bowls survive I could see a lot of these games taking place at one of the participant's home stadium, i.e. W-S or MB if we were to play Coastal.

So it seems like we are either in the Military or Gasparilla against one of Houston/UCF/ECU/Coastal. I’d be pretty shocked if it was anything other than those options.

At this point I’d be happy to play any P5 team, especially a new opponent.
Same. I’d like this personally bc it’d be fun to talk about with a coworker who is a diehard Mizzou fan but also a big Wake fan bc of her husband.

Same. I’d like this personally bc it’d be fun to talk about with a coworker who is a diehard Mizzou fan but also a big Wake fan bc of her husband.
And I reeeeeally don’t want to play ECU.

McMurphy’s final prediction is Tampa vs Mizzou.

He was wrong about pretty much everything last year. But I hope he’s right here. Out of the projections I have seen, I would love this or Baylor in Tampa

He was wrong about pretty much everything last year. But I hope he’s right here. Out of the projections I have seen, I would love this or Baylor in Tampa
Giglio said something about a lot of bowl leadership turning over and now McMurphy being the most dialed in. Who knows if that’s correct.

Gasparilla makes some sense—even though a terrible time (12/23) for travel. Wake wasn’t going to travel well to any shit Bowl this year, so why not go to Florida and have the players home for Christmas.

Gasparilla makes some sense—even though a terrible time (12/23) for travel. Wake wasn’t going to travel well to any shit Bowl this year, so why not go to Florida and have the players home for Christmas.

Given this season's calamity at the end, I don't see us with more than 6K-7K at any venue, let alone a warm one. But, the team kind of dug this hole for themselves now didn't they?

Well here we go. I put our chances of making the playoffs at about 99% but you never know for sure.

Back