• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023-2024 NCAA Men's Basketball Thread

No we are paying taxes for the headquarters to move to Charlotte instead of Orlando.

We would have been paying taxes to keep the HQ in Greensboro too but that wasn't happening.

What a lot of schools now are doing is having women's lax so that they can add another men's sport that is not lax. I have nieces who played for Wofford and Florida. But yeah, Wake does seem like a lacrossy type school.
My niece also played for Wofford!

Brownell getting picked up by the announcer microphones is really something. Think of the children, Brad!

Rutgers shooting the lights out in the second half to hold onto their lead against Wisconsin. Big win for them if the hold on. May bump the closer to quad 2 for us.

Rutgers shooting the lights out in the second half to hold onto their lead against Wisconsin. Big win for them if the hold on. May bump the closer to quad 2 for us.

I’d imagine they move up quite a bit with that big of a blowout over a quad 1 team. Unless they collapse to end the season, they will likely be a quad 2 win for us.

That game was as fugly as those Clemson unis. Some god awful defense both ways, and Clemson had > 20 TOs. They're lucky they won. And I like purple. It goes well with yellow, gold, silver and, if you're KSU, lavendar. But it doesn't go with orange.

Last edited:
Higher conference finish means better seed in the conference tournament, which means easier to win the whole thing
The chances of us winning the whole thing seem unlikely to me, although not impossible. But overall, do we think finishing 2 or 3 is more important than finishing higher in the NET?

2 v 3 doesn't matter IMO. Finishing higher in the NET matters. Finishing 2 or 3 v 4 is helpful because UNC is the best team in the ACC (ACCT considerations).

Wake probably has as good a chance as anyone other than UNC to win the ACCT. Current Torvik odds to win the ACCT:

1. UNC 32.8%
2. Duke 19.3%
3. Wake 15.1%
4. UVA 11%
5. Clemson 9.1%

Everybody else is under 4% (VT is 6th at 3.7%)

HPU with another good win. Today was over 3rd place Gardner Webb.

Back