• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023-2024 NCAA Men's Basketball Thread

Wisconsin with 4 straight losses after getting demolished by Rutgers.

2 v 3 doesn't matter IMO. Finishing higher in the NET matters. Finishing 2 or 3 v 4 is helpful because UNC is the best team in the ACC (ACCT considerations).

Wake probably has as good a chance as anyone other than UNC to win the ACCT. Current Torvik odds to win the ACCT:

1. UNC 32.8%
2. Duke 19.3%
3. Wake 15.1%
4. UVA 11%
5. Clemson 9.1%

Everybody else is under 4% (VT is 6th at 3.7%)
It feels like it’s UNC’s year, but hope I’m wrong.

The chances of us winning the whole thing seem unlikely to me, although not impossible. But overall, do we think finishing 2 or 3 is more important than finishing higher in the NET?
Would love to just get to semi-final Friday again.

Think we want UVA to win here? Wake doesn't play FSU again, so they hold a tie breaker against us regardless. I know UVA losing would open up a chance for us to move up, but Wake has the opportunity to beat UVA again soon enough

Think we want UVA to win here? Wake doesn't play FSU again, so they hold a tie breaker against us regardless. I know UVA losing would open up a chance for us to move up, but Wake has the opportunity to beat UVA again soon enough
That's a tough one. I'm leaning UVA because we split with them at worst and they have a slightly tougher schedule going forward. A UVa win puts us in a better position for the #4 spot. An FSU win puts us in a better position for the #3 spot but more at risk of falling out of the #4 spot.

Utah playing their way right out of the tournament. Bad home loss to Arizona St tonight completes the weekend sweep for them.

Since we didn’t beat them and it won’t matter what quad they end up in, I’d love them to just collapse now and remove one more bubble competitor.

Utah playing their way right out of the tournament. Bad home loss to Arizona St tonight completes the weekend sweep for them.

Since we didn’t beat them and it won’t matter what quad they end up in, I’d love them to just collapse now and remove one more bubble competitor.
I mean, we don't want them to drop down to Q3, but I'm not sure if that is a possibility.

That's a tough one. I'm leaning UVA because we split with them at worst and they have a slightly tougher schedule going forward. A UVa win puts us in a better position for the #4 spot. An FSU win puts us in a better position for the #3 spot but more at risk of falling out of the #4 spot.
Yeah, I think this is the right answer. The best thing for the conference is for UVA, Wake and Clemson to play their way into the dance. After yesterday, stick a fork in NC St, Miami and VT. And I still don't get all the Clemson love that Lunardi has when they've played so poorly in ACC play. They were awful again yesterday and were lucky to beat a bad Cuse team. And wtf is up with those white and gold ND unis? Navy is your primary color, so wear it and look better. But that game could have been worse. VT could have worn their orange unis with maroon trim, so both teams could have been unsightly. Also didn't care for the Miami unis. I'm getting too old.

I think Miami and State still have time to get in, if they go on a big run. The big thing now is that State is effectively 3 games behind Wake in conference, so they are no longer a concern for that #4 spot.

A UVa win also could bump up our prior win to a Q1, right if they stay hot.

Back