• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023-2024 NCAA Men's Basketball Thread

I hope we are an 11 seed favored by a half dozen points over some shit ass MWC 6th seed and stomp a mud hole in their ass.
I'd rather see Wake finish strong and get a 6 seed. Like win the rest with perhaps a close loss in the ACC Tournament final.

Could reasonably play into a 5 seed if winning out and making the ACCT final.

I'm amazed that Bracket Matrix has 6 MWC teams in the tournament. You would think some of the bracketologists would think for themselves. Mass insanity or afraid to leave the herd.
Hopefully common sense will overtake inertia, among the committee if not the matrix contributors.

By the way a special f you goes out to Florida for letting their bench give up 7 points in the final minute of their win over Vandy to drop out of Q1 territory.

Last edited:
HPU needs to beat Winthrop at home on Wednesday or Longwood on the road to clinch the #1 seed for the Big South tournament.

Can’t remember who I saw it from on twitter, but apparently Florida had their walk-ons in and Vandy was pressing them scoring the last 7 points of the game to drop them those couple spots. Bush league

I hope we don't see Houston that early. I don't think we matchup well with their aggressive defense. I know that you have to beat the best to be the best, but I think there are definitely better matchups for us against other higher seeds. I also think we will be in the 4-6 range when it all shakes out though.
There that Utah loss strikes again. Most likely would avoid Houston if they already played them in Charleston.
Some special things are to come soon if Wake ends up in the 4-6 range.

4-6 range would be a massive jump. Don't see that barring winning out including ACCT from here. I hate being in the 7-10 spot though, would rather avoid 1-2 seeds first weekend.

21-5 USF debuted at #25 in both polls despite being #93 in Kenpom and #84 in NET. USF has one loss since December 2.

With a new coach, Amir Abdur-Rahim (coached Kennesaw to the NCAAs last year), USF was awful when the season started, losing to #265 C. Michigan (sans Boopie), #227 Maine and #126 Hofstra, by a lot. They have it going now, and can clinch the AAC outright (think they may have already clinched via tiebreakers) with one win in their last three. NCAAT committee will have an interesting decision if USF finishes the regular season 24-5 and then loses in the AAC tourney. They have one top 50 win (#35 FAU), but could finish the season on a 24-2 heater. FWIW, Abdur-Rahim will be on the short list of bunch of power conference schools when the season ends, he is 47-14 over the past two years at two schools that have no history of success.

Two top 50 wins after being SMU at home yesterday. It's a very interesting case for the committee. If USF doesn't win the AAC tournament, they could miss the NIT as well because of their low NET. But nobody would want to play an #11 seed USF team with only two losses in 4.5 months.

NIT guarantees a bid for every regular season champion that loses the conference tournament and does not receive an NCAAT at large bid.

Perhaps I've been in a coma for the past few months. But I just saw that Colorado State, who is currently in 7th place in the Mountain West and is two places behind us in NET, is a projected 6-seed in the tournament? While we are sitting in "first four out" in three different projected fields I've seen today? What the actual fuck?

Back