• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023-2024 NCAA Men's Basketball Thread

A win at UNC would probably be worth dropping two of those road games. We've been missing a giant road win on our resume and I actually think we could absorb a disappointing loss on the road with a big win on the ledger.
True, but given how we've been playing on the road and how well UNC has been playing lately, beating them in the Dean Dome feels like an extremely remote possibility.

I expect us to be in the game with UNC the entire way... But no confidence in getting a W.
At home yes, but after the FSU and NC St games, don't think so on the road - too many TOs and too weak on D.

FAU is down double digits at home. I’ll be curious to see what their margin of error is before it is stated they can’t secure an at-large bid.

Louisville kept it relatively close against UNC deep into the 2nd, at one point closing to within 6 points. I warn you - the Cards can give us a scare or - gulp - worse.

It's hard to get too worked up about bad road losses when top 10 teams are losing at home and on the road every week.

I agree that State and FSU are not bad losses on paper and won’t hurt us. What we need, though, are things that help us on Selection Sunday. Those “things” are wins and the chance to win road games need to be capitalized upon.

It's really hard to win on the road and it feels like that's especially true this year.

It's super early to pull against specific teams, but let's not have Oregon beat Colorado tonight or Utah this weekend on the road.

Was Omier a late scratch for Miami? He didn't play a minute.

I’ve already been annoyed about only having 48 hours to get ready for UNC, but UNC is in Boston and their game just started. That’s definitely worse.

Feels like if you have to play on Monday you should be guaranteed a home game instead of an away game the Saturday before.

Back