• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023-2024 NCAA Men's Basketball Thread

Why is it a puzzling transfer?

He was a sophomore. Hadn’t shown much promise on the court. So he transferred down a level and is doing well. Makes perfect sense to me
That’s not true. He was a true freshman, and he is a sophomore now. We aren’t even in line to make the NIT, it doesn’t make sense to say that we don’t have room or playing time for a 2nd year player capable of scoring 17 a game on another D1 team.

That’s not true. He was a true freshman, and he is a sophomore now. We aren’t even in line to make the NIT, it doesn’t make sense to say that we don’t have room or playing time for a 2nd year player capable of scoring 17 a game on another D1 team.
I forgot he redshirted last year, so he is a redshirt sophomore. He was at Wake for two years and didn’t show enough to get on the court.

This sounds like you projecting your disdain for Forbes into a situation where it makes no sense. People transfer down a level all the time. Lucas Taylor is averaging 14 points for Georgia State. Carter Whitt is averaging 10 points and 4 assists for Furman. Were those transfers puzzling too?

He just wasn't going to see the court the last two years here and probably just figured that we'd recruit over him in the transfer portal (which I guess we did). I mean he was behind Alondes, Tyree, Damari, etc. the last couple years.

Yeah, would you rather have Boopie and Sallis or Robert McCray?

This sounds like you projecting your disdain for Forbes into a situation
that is a dumb response. I don’t have disdain for Forbes, I have a realistic perspective for a coach that hasn’t won anything in 3 seasons. This defensive sunshine brigade shit for Forbes is exasperating. You all are in love with Forbes roster turnover transfer strategy and it’s completely unproven still. I said McCray transferring was puzzling because he is clearly good enough to play here and Forbes never provided any explanation of why McCray left. I stand by my opinion.

that is a dumb response. I don’t have disdain for Forbes, I have a realistic perspective for a coach that hasn’t won anything in 3 seasons. This defensive sunshine brigade shit for Forbes is exasperating. You all are in love with Forbes roster turnover transfer strategy and it’s completely unproven still. I said McCray transferring was puzzling because he is clearly good enough to play here and Forbes never provided any explanation of why McCray left. I stand by my opinion.
That is not clear at all

I think McCray would be a contributing member of this team. Do I think he'd be playing more than 10-15 minutes a game even with Damari out with Boopie, Sallis, and Cam on the roster? Probably not.

Seems pretty clear he didn’t want to be a bench or role player. That’s why he redshirted last year, because he wasn’t going to get more than spot minutes. So transferred down to where he could be THE guy.

Not too puzzling

McCray’s numbers look pretty good. 17.3 ppg. 70% inside the arc. Solid assists and steals numbers.

In his one game against a P5 team (@Pitt) he scored 9 points on 3-8 shooting (1-5 from 3) with 1 assist in 26 minutes

McCray’s numbers look pretty good. 17.3 ppg. 70% inside the arc. Solid assists and steals numbers.
He's like one of those guys Forbes would have recruited at ETSU that would have been a transfer target after he blew up his sophomore year.

Charleston has 8 first half threes against FAU with 3 minutes left in the half. Just been on fire - a ton of contested shots as well

Back