• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023-2024 NCAA Men's Basketball Thread

Auburn at App today is a fascinating game. App top 100 in metrics and off to a pretty good start. I’d imagine this isn’t exactly what Bruce had in mind when he scheduled this one but hey could be a good Quad addition for them

Saw in WS Journal that Jason Shay’s son is playing at Mt Tabor now in Winston and committed to Auburn. Assume as a walk on though at 5 ft 9 but don’t think the article said.

Saw in WS Journal that Jason Shay’s son is playing at Mt Tabor now in Winston and committed to Auburn. Assume as a walk on though at 5 ft 9 but don’t think the article said.
Kid is definitely not 5'9''. More like 5'6''

FAU-Illinois and UConn-UNC playing in the Garden tonight. UConn has some injuries to starters but is still favored. Both should be fantastic games.

But the media told me that the Ess Ee See was the premiere conference in everything???
The SEC is down this year from what it was the last couple years. Tenn and Ky are good, but no other SEC team has impressed thus far. The B1G is also down other than Purdue. The B-12 is once again the premier conference in the country. And I'm kinda hoping they bring in Gonzaga down the road.

The SEC is down this year from what it was the last couple years. Tenn and Ky are good, but no other SEC team has impressed thus far. The B1G is also down other than Purdue. The B-12 is once again the premier conference in the country. And I'm kinda hoping they bring in Gonzaga down the road.
FWIW, Kentucky lost to UNC-W, that's UNC-Wilmington, last time out. They also needed OT to beat St. Joe's. If UVA had similar results, you would be all over them. KP has KY #22 and UVA #27, or one point apart. So, how can KY be good and UVA not? FWIW, Bama and A&M are as good or better than KY, but hard to take that position with A&M because UVA beat the Aggies.

Kentucky looks like another case of Calipari unable to coach his team to be at least equal to the sum of its parts.

Last edited:
Kentucky losing to UNCW was amazing. Prior to that loss (and after the convincing victory over Miami) there were a number of articles written about how Calapari is back. Just great timing for a shitty loss.

The Big East is the second best conference in America for my money. Depaul and Georgetown suck, but everybody else is dangerous.

The Big East is the second best conference in America for my money. Depaul and Georgetown suck, but everybody else is dangerous.
KP Conference ratings, all priors are almost factored out, and with conference play beginning will be hard for there to be a ton of movement.

1. Big 12
BIG GAP
2. Big East
3. Big 10
4. SEC
Small Gap
5. Pac-12
Small Gap
6. ACC
Small Gap
7. Mountain West
8. A-10
9. AAC
10. Missouri Valley
11. WCC
12. Ivy
13. C-USA
14. WAC
15. SOCON
16. Big West
17. Sun Belt
18. MAC
19. Big South
20. CAA
21. Big Sky
22. Summit
23. American East
24. Horizon
25. ASUN
26. MAAC
27. OVC
28. Southland
29. Patriot
30. SWAC
31. MEAC
32. Northeast

The ACC has improved since 2023, when it behind the Mountain West, and it's closer to the Pac-12 than it was last year, but still hard to take that the ACC is solidly in 6th among the 32 conferences. The Big 12 is by far the best conference, and may be better next year when they add Arizona (#3), Utah (#31), Colorado (#32). Unless the programs improve, the ACC will not be boosted with Stanford (#90), Cal (#163) and SMU (#78).

I was surprised to see George Mason top 100-125. They're off to a solid start this year and are at Tennessee tonight.

Back