• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023-2024 NCAA Men's Basketball Thread

Clemson has more road wins against top #12 NET teams than every team in the BIG-10, SEC, PAC-12, and Mountain West have combined. They are in very little danger of missing the tournament with even a pedestrian finish to the season.

Clemson has more road wins against top #12 NET teams than every team in the BIG-10, SEC, PAC-12, and Mountain West have combined. They are in very little danger of missing the tournament with even a pedestrian finish to the season.

I don’t think they are in any danger of missing the tournament to be clear. But they are 7-6 in a weak ACC and have a Q3 loss on the record. Projecting them as a 4 seed seems wildly optimistic.

Or maybe a team with more road wins against top 12 NET teams than every team in the Big Ten, SEC, Pac-12, and Mountain West combined is 7-6 in a strong ACC.

Good wins matter so much more to the committee than mediocre losses. Clemson has really stacked good ones and had one stolen from them at Cameron.

Hear me out, MAYBE, the ACC isn’t that weak?

We just played the clear #2 team in the conference and the consensus from this board is that they were “trash”. Which I mostly agree with. Duke has not been impressive. UNC is definitely very good and a top team. Every other team in the league has major questions IMO.

We just played the clear #2 team in the conference and the consensus from this board is that they were “trash”. Which I mostly agree with. Duke has not been impressive. UNC is definitely very good and a top team. Every other team in the league has major questions IMO.
Evaluation of an opponent by Wake fans, in a game that was there for Wake to wi, is not exactly a recipe for a clear eyed analysis.

Evaluation of an opponent by Wake fans, in a game that was there for Wake to wi, is not exactly a recipe for a clear eyed analysis.
I don’t understand what you’re saying. Everyone in the NCAA but the Deacs sucks prolapsed booty hole. Doesn’t mean the ACC is down.

Other than UConn, Purdue and maybe Houston, there are very few (if any) elite NCAA basketball teams. The difference between team 5 and 50 in the NET is just not that wide. Wake is a good to very good team that should make the tournament and depending upon match-ups, could get to second weekend. But to convince the committee that Wake truly deserves a bid, we need a few more quality wins (get a couple from these - Clemson, Duke, @UVA) as the resume only lacks the golden "Quad 1" wins.

I don’t understand how Ole Miss is in any bracket? Their metrics are in the 60s and their OOC schedule was terrible.

I know we need to take care of our own business but damn, seeing them in and us out (currently) is a head scratcher

Sad news about Lefty. He was one of the coaches who made the ACC THE premier basketball league for many years.
Condolences to his family, friends, all the Terp nation and basketball fans. He was one of the all time greats.

Back