• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023-2024 NCAA Men's Basketball Thread

Yeah I really want this team to make it but with the injuries and it just really seems like we’re getting worse as the season goes on. Pitt is on the rise, think they’ll beat us Tuesday

We need to run the table at home at the very least.

state now ahead of us for NCAAT bid consideration?
Much much lower in NET, but they have a Q1 win and they're 4-3 Q2. The answer should be no, but with how Q1 wins are double counted, maybe.

LSU wins at SC, meaning that our loss to them will likely stay Quad 2.
SC's last two games have been a 40-point beatdown at Auburn and a home loss to LSU. Classic case of a team that the metrics said wasn't as good as its record regressing to the mean. They close @Ole Miss, @ATM, vs. UF, vs. UT, and @Miss St. Could get real interesting, real fast.

Clemson back on the bubble? Brutal loss to State at home up 12 second half. Our favorite guy Horne played like he did against Wake. Guy is a mouthy prick, but his last five games have been strong.

Keatts right on time with a nice road win once they’ve been virtually eliminated from tournament contention. Time to start working on another extension for him.

Watching FAU-USF right now. USF has won 15 of their last 16 games. That run started with a 88-72 win at FSU that seemingly locked in the perception that FSU was a bad team. USF is 1-0 Q1 and 2-3 Q2. But they only just broke into the top 100 because their bad 1-4 run before and after Thanksgiving included two home Q4 losses.

This is a great example of how the NET doesn't allow teams to improve. Let's say USF wins out to finish the regular season 24-5. They'd be 2-0 Q1 and 4-3 Q2 with 21 wins in 22 games. But they probably wouldn't be top 70 in NET.

USF would have to win the AAC tournament to make the field. Some poor #4 seed would face a #13 seed with a 27-5 record on a 19 game winning streak likely 4-0 Q1 (adding FAU at home today and SMU and FAU on neutral site).

But if they lost in the AAC tournament, they'd be left out with 6 losses.

USF up 46-31 at the half.

Note: Lunardi has USF in the field as a #13 seed automatic qualifier. Brakcet Matrix has USF in 51 brackets. Only a few are #11 or #12 seeds presumably in the First Four if they don't win the AAC.

FAU cut a 25 point 2nd half deficit to 7. Good game.

FAU just cut it to 1 with a 5 point possession with 22.7 sec left.

Last edited:
Hope the world continues to doubt Purdue. They relied on freshman guards last year. The Boilers are much improved and no one can match up with Edey. Like Bennett before his title, Painter has a bad rap. He’s a good coach and he has roster to win a Natty.

Right on cue, fresh off of being named one of the top four seeds (obviously), Purdue loses to Ohio State. And yes, Ohio State had the new coach honeymoon momentum, but it’s just like Matt Painter not to be able to overcome that.

Purdue = fraud

Houston and UConn are the only teams that pass the eye test for me as national title contenders. Iowa St has also impressed me lately as well.

Houston and UConn are the only teams that pass the eye test for me as national title contenders. Iowa St has also impressed me lately as well.

I’ve watched Kansas beat both(at home, admittedly). But they do seem flaky.

Kind of adds to how unimaginably bad Georgetown and DePaul are

Right on cue, fresh off of being named one of the top four seeds (obviously), Purdue loses to Ohio State. And yes, Ohio State had the new coach honeymoon momentum, but it’s just like Matt Painter not to be able to overcome that.

Purdue = fraud
Not that we're going to make the tourney, but if you're an 8/9 seed, you want to be in their region over UConn, Houston and Kansas.

Back