• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023-2024 NCAA Men's Basketball Thread

Or if the Zags win both and we finish 2-2...Few different possible scenarios
Oh I wasn't even saying that in regard to comparing Gonzaga to Wake, although yeah the resumes are pretty similar (more Q2 games for Wake though, which matters).

I just think that seeing how the committee handles teams the KP/Torvik/NET value very highly but lack high-end wins will be interesting. Hopefully Wake beats VT and Clemson and doesn't also fall into this bucket.

Not sure how the game at USF will be treated. The game is not being played on USF's homecourt. It will be played at the Chase Center, where the Warriors play. USF is outside (barely) the top 50 in the NET ratings; so, if its considered a neutral court game and USF isn't in the top 50, it's technically a Q2 game. FWIW, at the end of the day, think Gonzaga will get in. St. Mary's has the nation's longest win streak, and is up to #15 in the NET, but they just lost a starter to a knee injury. Think Gonzaga will either beat St. Mary's this weekend or in the WCC tournament. Agree that things get a little dicey for the Zags if they lose the last two, and then in the WCC, but got to figure they will get one. BTW, the win at KY was huge for the Zags.

At this rate Clemson and VT are both trying to become Q2 games for us. With Florida on the brink and Pit,VA, BC needing to make a big moves up - there will be a lot of games to follow over the next 2 weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure how the game at USF will be treated. The game is not being played on USF's homecourt. It will be played at the Chase Center, where the Warriors play. USF is outside (barely) the top 50 in the NET ratings; so, if its considered a neutral court game and USF isn't in the top 50, it's technically a Q2 game. FWIW, at the end of the day, think Gonzaga will get in. St. Mary's has the nation's longest win streak, and is up to #15 in the NET, but they just lost a starter to a knee injury. Think Gonzaga will either beat St. Mary's this weekend or in the WCC tournament. Agree that things get a little dicey for the Zags if they lose the last two, and then in the WCC, but got to figure they will get one. BTW, the win at KY was huge for the Zags.
According to the Athletic, Big East tournament games at MSG count as home games for St. John's. Would imagine these would count as USF home courts.

At this rate Clemson and VT are both trying to become Q2 games for us. With Florida on the brink and Pit,VA, BC needing to make a big moves up - there will be a lot of games to follow over the next 2 weeks.

at this point in season wake just needs to win. rest will play itself out.
we have enough pain watching the wake game to risk our hearts on others. :)

at this point in season wake just needs to win. rest will play itself out.
we have enough pain watching the wake game to risk our hearts on others. :)

Well for those that want to get fully obsessed it’s nice to have a team worth going all in on

Clemson wins over Pitt as Pitt can't shoot in the second half. Hinson worse than against Wake.

UF only up 6 on 8-19 Mizzou at home with under 2 min left.

Yeah. 7-2 run after I posted that.

Knecht with 39 in UT’s win over #11 Auburn. Kid is having an unbelievable year. What a story. From Juco, to Northern Colorado, to battling for SEC PotY.

HPU clinched the Big South regular season Championship by beating Winthrop 100-96. This may be the ugliest 100 pt game I have ever seen. The officials loved them some fouls and reviews.

Time to win the tournament.

Thought I avoided this ROy-K convo by tuning away from ACCN, but no, getting it during BC-UVA halftime.

Where's that guy who goes to the High Point basketball games? I went today and it was an absurd game. Refs were terrible, way too many fouls and techs given out. It went to one OT period, but the two teams combined to shoot 86 free throws. 50 for Winthrop and 36 for HPU. Winthrop should have one, had they not gone 30-50 from the FT line.

What's the record for FTs?

So UVA seems like a lock for 13 wins. If Wake drops one & gets only 12, they likely will be in a tie for 4th with Clemson. Is head to head the first tie breaker?

Back