• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023-24 Wake Forest Basketball Season - 21-14 (11-9) - KP#29 / NET#43

If this situation was for unc they would use the governor, the attorney general for the state, and the threat of a court date to get the ruling in our favor for the waiver decision.

I don't see any way that the waiver is approved. Not the way the NCAA has ruled on others.

I believe the waiver will be approved. I just have a hunch that Ron Wellman's previous involvement with the NCAA (NCAA Diversity Leadership Strategic Planning Committee as well as chairing the NCAA Division I Management Council as well as the NCAA Division I Men’s Basketball Championship committee) will tilt things in Wake's favor.

With all due respect, whether or not Efton's waiver is approved or rejected will have nothing to do with Ron Wellman.

The waiver case will turn on whether Efton application can fit within the narrow circumstances where the NCAA has approved waivers. WF basketball applied max resources, including smart people who understand NCAA regs to prepare the waiver and advocate for Efton. Have no doubt that Efton's application (which was over 100 pages) was the most thorough and well-crafted of any the NCAA will have received. That said, most two time transfers are rejected; so, it's impossible to be super-confident.

Last edited:
It may ultimately wind up being rejected, but I think the fact that the NCAA came back with questions and we provided more stuff that they had questions on is promising at least.

Tough one to get through. The fact they are seeking clarification on something though makes me think that our hard work may pay off. Wishful thinking for sure, but glad we were as thorough as we were on it.

I'm still assuming no way to stream video of the Bama exhibition... But what about radio? Haven't seen a link or confirmation that it'll be available.

Back