• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023-24 Wake Forest Basketball Season - 21-14 (11-9) - KP#29 / NET#43

Reid has got to get that waiver now, right?!?

I think it is pretty obvious that Reid won't get the waiver, and that we won't even have a decision on opening day. The NCAA does not give a fuck about these kids.

The Walker case helps Reid. I'm sure those advocating for Reid will use it as additional grounds, but still doesn't mean Reid will get the waiver, but it is a positive.

I don't think any lee way given to chapel hill is a pre cursor to the news we get. They operate on a different playing field.

Yep, to me it’s the opposite. They are more likely to decline because they want to assert some power after the Chapel Hill concession. Which in retrospect we all should have seen coming. You can’t make it up.

Yep, to me it’s the opposite. They are more likely to decline because they want to assert some power after the Chapel Hill concession. Which in retrospect we all should have seen coming. You can’t make it up.
Like the old Tark quote, "The NCAA was so mad at Kentucky they gave Cleveland State two more years of probation.”

I felt like there was an absolute zero chance for Reid's waiver with Walker being denied. Now the odds are definitely greater than zero.

If there is still no decision to date come Oct 29th, is he allowed to participate in the Bama charity game?

If there is still no decision to date come Oct 29th, is he allowed to participate in the Bama charity game?
since it's not an official game, can't anyone participate even if they're not cleared?

Just a matter of if Coach would want to give him run if he is not going to be a part of the lineups he uses in the regular season.

Is Reid a good student? I feel like some of the randomness of the NCAA can be explained by student commitment to the classroom.

I feel like I might be making this up, but I have a faint memory of someone saying Reid was a good student. Maybe it was in a Forbes presser early in the summer. Could totally be my imagination, though, but I think it was one of the things that stood out that might have made me feel better about his chances of playing this year.

Last edited:
Back