• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023-24 Wake Forest Basketball Season - 21-14 (11-9) - KP#29 / NET#43

how many fucks do you think the NCAA gives that Efton was named a captain?

I guarantee it is zero.
Eh, after taking a massive L on the PR side with the UNC thing, I’m not so sure it will make 0.00% difference. It certainly won’t be a central part of their assessment, agreed. Of course knowing the NCAA they might say “fuck you for assuming the sale, waiver DENIED”

My hope is that Sallis doesn't have to score on the same level as an Appleby or Alondes, because we have more balanced scoring across the team (which I think we will), and I think Sallis will bring a defensive game that our guards haven't had the past couple years. If I recall correctly, Forbes said in his summer presser that Sallis was voted as the #1 player at the time by both coaches and the players.

My hope is that Sallis doesn't have to score on the same level as an Appleby or Alondes, because we have more balanced scoring across the team (which I think we will), and I think Sallis will bring a defensive game that our guards haven't had the past couple years. If I recall correctly, Forbes said in his summer presser that Sallis was voted as the #1 player at the time by both coaches and the players.
I agree ... but I thought the same thing going into last season.

Short story on Hunter Sallis.

There are naturally going to be comparisons made to Alondes and Ty; maybe he winds up having the same type of impact and numbers, but he'll be a different type of player.

My comparisons are Alondes/Hunter and Ty/Boopsie. The new guys lack the experience but I see similarities to their predecessors. The upside is they will be on the floor at the same time and neither will be required to play 35 minutes a game.

for y'all traveling to Charleston - anybody looked at tickets yet? Trying to decide whether to buy in advance or try to scalp in

Appears to be all general admission within each section so no assigned seats which sucks.

Sideline lowers already sold out.

https://cofc.evenue.net/cgi-bin/nco...D=cofc-multi&shopperContext=&caller=&appCode=

2023_Charleston_Classic_Ticket_Map.jpg

It's not a huge arena overall, but a fun place to watch a game. The upper levels are basically as depicted above, quite small as far as seating goes, and like 80-85% of seats are downstairs.

Intimate atmosphere. I think there will be tickets available on gameday, but I'll probably get some in advance just for peace of mind.

Back