• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023-24 Wake Forest Basketball Season - 21-14 (11-9) - KP#29 / NET#43

Well, sure… we’d all like to go 6-0 in that stretch, but even if you think we’re better than the metrics and should win each game 2/3 of the time instead of 1/2, there’s a roughly 8% chance of running the table.

5-1 would be a fantastic outcome. 4-2 would still be a positive result.

Well, sure… we’d all like to go 6-0 in that stretch, but even if you think we’re better than the metrics and should win each game 2/3 of the time instead of 1/2, there a roughly 8% chance of running the table.

5-1 would be a fantastic outcome. 4-2 would still be a positive result.

so you’re saying there’s a chance?

I actually wish we had a @Duke, @UNC or @UVA game sooner. This team needs to know they can compete with anyone WHEN they bring it. Winning all 6 would give us confidence. Going into one of those places and knocking them off would give us the swagger they should bring into every game.

Even if you lose one of those, you know where the bar is. I would bet at least 2 of those 3 make the elite 8.

Last edited:
I actually wish we had a @Duke, @UNC or @UVA game sooner. This team needs to know they can compete with anyone WHEN they bring it. Winning all 6 would give us confidence. Going into one of those places and knocking them off would give us the swagger they should bring into every game.

Even if you lose one of those, you know where the bar is. I would bet at least 2 of those 3 make the elite 8.
Can I have the opposite side of that bet?

LOL at the ACC. We need 15 conference wins, y'all.

If Forbes can't get top-4 this season, it ain't happening ever. We aren't perfect, but the conference looks so meh.

Can I have the opposite side of that bet?
Ha, nah. I didn’t mean I’d set an even line for whether 2/3 of them will make it. I guess what I meant was I’d take what Vegas would set the odds (Maybe +950ish?) at this point.

I'd go even on 3 ACC teams making the Sweet 16 though.

Last edited:
No worries! Making a bet more real (especially if you suspect they have no intention of actually making it) is just a good way to clarify what someone really means. Thank you Annie Duke for that one.

It’ll be hard from a 4,5,7 seed or wherever they end up, but at +1100 or something, they have a pedigree that makes it seem possible.

LOL at the ACC. We need 15 conference wins, y'all.

If Forbes can't get top-4 this season, it ain't happening ever. We aren't perfect, but the conference looks so meh.
Seriously. Our ACC competition hasn’t been this weak in decades, maybe ever. Notre Dame just got dumped by 20 points by freaking Citadel.

Seriously. Our ACC competition hasn’t been this weak in decades, maybe ever. Notre Dame just got dumped by 20 points by freaking Citadel.
At home. And only scored 45. Just Bzzdicklian levels of bad there.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Current ACC KP Rankings just to have a source moving forward as we get into conference play:

10. Duke
20. UNC
25. Clemson
38. Virginia
44. Pittsburgh
55. Wake Forest
56. Virginia Tech
62. Miami
71. NC State
80. Syracuse
92. Boston College
97. Florida State
128. Georgia Tech
175. Louisville
228. Notre Dame

Teams around the 40ish mark in the NET come the end of the year are largely on the bubble.

Current ACC KP Rankings just to have a source moving forward as we get into conference play:

10. Duke
20. UNC
25. Clemson
38. Virginia
44. Pittsburgh
55. Wake Forest
56. Virginia Tech
62. Miami
71. NC State
80. Syracuse
92. Boston College
97. Florida State
128. Georgia Tech
175. Louisville
228. Notre Dame

Teams around the 40ish mark in the NET come the end of the year are largely on the bubble.
I'm not getting my hopes up of making the tournament. We've looked good at times and I think this team has a pretty high ceiling, but until proven otherwise, I expect us to be too close to the floor to make the tourney. Would love to be wrong though.

I'm not getting my hopes up of making the tournament. We've looked good at times and I think this team has a pretty high ceiling, but until proven otherwise, I expect us to be too close to the floor to make the tourney. Would love to be wrong though.
Yeah unless we finish top 3 or 4 in the ACC I think we will miss the tournament again. OOC resume wasn't strong enough to give us any leeway. We need a couple neutral site games against ranked teams (outside of MTEs)

I don't "expect" anything out of this team.

I hope they do well. I feel like we deserve a successful year. We're due. Feels like we have a good opportunity to prevail.

I've ceased to get caught up, though, in expectations for sports teams. Game threads wear me out. Too much (inconsequential emotional investment) for me. Don't like it when we lose; love it when we win.

I'll just support the teams as I can, and be happy for the student athletes that represent with class the institution that shaped me like no other.

The destination is sometimes the least important part of the journey.

The prospect of finishing at the top of the league this year is exciting. I hope we do. The quality of my days will be little affected by the ultimate outcomes---win or lose.

Yeah unless we finish top 3 or 4 in the ACC I think we will miss the tournament again. OOC resume wasn't strong enough to give us any leeway. We need a couple neutral site games against ranked teams (outside of MTEs)

I have heard that there is an opportunity for some teams to beat ranked teams at a neutral site right before Selection Sunday. I’ve heard that in fact WF will have the opportunity to earn its way into these games. Not sure, however, as it hasn’t happened in recent memory.

I have heard that there is an opportunity for some teams to beat ranked teams at a neutral site right before Selection Sunday. I’ve heard that in fact WF will have the opportunity to earn its way into these games. Not sure, however, as it hasn’t happened in recent memory.
eh since the ACC is (and perceived to be) so bad, I meant more so neutral site games against SEC/B12/B10 teams. But good point, we can earn it in the ACCT

10. Duke
20. UNC
25. Clemson
38. Virginia
44. Pittsburgh
55. Wake Forest
56. Virginia Tech
62. Miami
71. NC State
80. Syracuse
92. Boston College
97. Florida State
128. Georgia Tech
175. Louisville
228. Notre Dame

the danger with this conference is that inorder to make the tournament we have to maintain our KP/NET ranking under 40 or so, but we will be playing a conference schedule that has far more risk than reward. There is a much greater risk playing a Louisville team ranked #175 than there is reward playing #20 UNC.

how do we get in one of those one-off 4-team events that UNC and duke are always playing in?

Back