• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023-24 Wake Forest Basketball Season - 21-14 (11-9) - KP#29 / NET#43

Love Forbes.

I never considered that NIL is helping parents see their kids play. That's an amazing, and an underreported win, for students (and NIL in general).
I remember when you had to give them a job locally to do that before.

Obviously it only matters on Selection Sunday, but I think we're a little underrated. Hopefully, having votes now will cause voters to look more closely at our resume and recognize we're not the same team that lost to Georgia and LSU.

The distance isn’t really too much of an issue. The university has shuttles running between the Joel and campus. Even then, the walk isn’t all that bad and you’re on sidewalks as long as you’re fine with cars zipping 55 next to you
Yep. Walked it before. And brought a pizza back to the dorm when Pizza Hut was there.

Obviously it only matters on Selection Sunday, but I think we're a little underrated. Hopefully, having votes now will cause voters to look more closely at our resume and recognize we're not the same team that lost to Georgia and LSU.
Good point. Some voters are sheeple and only make the effort to evaluate teams other voters vote for. So getting votes puts Wake on the radar screen for others.

Look at Texas they have beat absolutely nobody, I mean nobody. Lost to any top 50 team they've played by 10 plus. Beat Lou by 1. And are ranked 25. They don't deserve to even get 1 vote, but here we are.

Look at Texas they have beat absolutely nobody, I mean nobody. Lost to any top 50 team they've played by 10 plus. Beat Lou by 1. And are ranked 25. They don't deserve to even get 1 vote, but here we are.
The other side of the sheeple effect. "They were in the poll last week, so I'll keep them on my ballot this week."

who are the ad wizards who decided to have Wake and Duke play twice in 12 days

Rankings are largely popularity contests and essentially meaningless.

A quick thought about about that Forbes presser: He talks about Damari like his return is imminent. He's not even practicing yet, right? Forbes' optimism gives me optimism, but I'm not entirely sure where it's coming from.

Rankings are largely popularity contests and essentially meaningless.

I don't believe this is entirely true and I'm pretty sure Forbes and Clawson would agree. It's a big damn deal when it comes to gaining national attention for your program and opening more doors.

Except when they influence the committee members on selection Sunday.
Don't buy that at all. Committee members have an endless amount of information available to them, and AP/coaches rankings don't move the needle even on seeding, much less who get in the field of 68.

I don't believe this is entirely true and I'm pretty sure Forbes and Clawson would agree. It's a big damn deal when it comes to gaining national attention for your program and opening more doors.
Yeah. Winning a popularity contest is pretty important for college sports.

WF wasn't just ranked, but ranked #1 in the nation on the week of January 19, 2009, please explain how much that ranking helped WF basketball over the following 14 years?

Last edited:
A quick thought about about that Forbes presser: He talks about Damari like his return is imminent. He's not even practicing yet, right? Forbes' optimism gives me optimism, but I'm not entirely sure where it's coming from.
Most likely scenario is that he is allowed solo movement drills and shooting and is doing well in those. But, no contact or team activities until the strength measurements on his leg meet the required goals. He may be close on the measurements. I have no info on that. Just reading between the lines of Forbes' statements.

Back